Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions system restarts after shutdown!! Post 302415820 by Corona688 on Friday 23rd of April 2010 11:34:53 AM
Old 04-23-2010
For starters, be sure to download the latest power management drivers for your laptop. Problems with suspend and power off are often related to them. While you're at it, getting SP3 would probably be a good idea too.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown a system by MAC?

Ok here is the problem we have 2 v440 with same IP address running solars 9. one remains on the other remains off. They are both configured exactly the same for redundant purposes for the software we use. This was the best/worst idea. Great because down time is only a mere minutes. The bad is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
7 Replies

2. Solaris

logs for system shutdown

I am working on a SUN T2000 machine with Solaris 10 running on it. When I checked the system this morning, I found it to be turned off. The lastreboot command showed that the system had been shut down the previous night. I want to find out how the system was shut down. I have run hardware health... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batman727
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Shutdown system option

I am working on sunos solaris. I want to know which is good for system shut-down ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jitesh Varshney
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

shutdown system/myeclipse

Hi All, I have one situation to shut-down the system through shell script.I need script command to shut-down the system and process should end(safe-mode) the MyEclipse. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stsivaraj
0 Replies

5. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies
gnome-power-statistics(1)					   User Commands					 gnome-power-statistics(1)

NAME
gnome-power-statistics - GNOME power statistics GUI SYNOPSIS
gnome-power-statistics [--help] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
gnome-power-statistics is a GUI program and enables you to visualize the power consumption of laptop hardware. Graphs can be displayed to show power history, charge history, estimated time history, charge time profile, discharge time profile, etc. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching gnome-power-statistics with the display of extra debugging messages. example% gnome-power-statistics --verbose EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-power-statistics Executable for GNOME power statistics GUI ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-power-manager | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-power-manager(1), gnome-power-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
This manual page was written by Simon Zheng simon.zheng@sun.com for the Debian system. Updated by Simon Zheng, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2008 gnome-power-statistics(1)