Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router? Post 302415519 by jgt on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 07:52:09 PM
Old 04-22-2010
515 or 9100 depending on how you set up the printer on the unix system. Unless you set the printer up as a SMB printer through SAMBA (port 137 to 139). Port numbers are listed in /etc/services

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX as ROUTER

dear all, hi... my name rian, i have some problem here, i'm trying to make router on UNIX machine, is there anyone know how to make it....... :confused: please let me know about the step.... thanks before.. cheers Rian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afriansyah
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

My router has UPnP, as do its work with ubuntu to automatically open ports

My router has UPnP,how to make it work with ubuntu to automatically open ports I try to open the following command " /sbin/iptables -I INPUT -d 0/0 -s 0/0 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT" ,local only opens ,if i put the ip 192.168.1.68, it works correctly, if i`m put my external ip does not work,I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhalus
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
LPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LPT(4)

NAME
lpt -- generic printer device driver SYNOPSIS
device ppc device ppbus device lpt DESCRIPTION
The current lpt driver is the port of the original lpt driver to the ppbus(4) system. One purpose of this port was to allow parallel port sharing with other parallel devices. Secondly, inb()/outb() calls have been replaced by ppbus function calls. lpt is now arch-independent thanks to the ppbus interface. See ppbus(4) for more info about the ppbus system. The parallel port bus is allocated by lpt when the printer device is opened and released only when the transfer is completed: either when the device is closed or when the entire buffer is sent in interrupt driven mode. The driver can be configured to be either interrupt-driven, or to poll the printer. Ports that are configured to be interrupt-driven can be switched to polled mode by using the lptcontrol(8) command. Depending on your hardware, extended capabilities may be configured with the lptcontrol(8) command. With an ECP/ISA port, you can take advantage of FIFO and DMA. In order to retrieve printer info from /dev/lpt0, just apply the cat command to the device. If the printer supports IEEE1284 nibble mode and has data to send to the host, you will get it. FILES
/dev/lpt0 first parallel port driver SEE ALSO
ppbus(4), ppc(4), lptcontrol(8) HISTORY
This driver replaces the functionality of the lpa driver, which is now defunct. BUGS
There are lots of them, especially in cheap parallel port implementations. It is only possible to open a lpt port when a printer is connected and on-line, making it impossible to run lptcontrol(8) when there is no printer connected. This driver could still stand a rewrite. BSD
February 14, 1999 BSD