Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vnc error
Operating Systems Solaris vnc error Post 302415515 by menonk on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 07:14:41 PM
Old 04-22-2010
Set the path with
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11/bin::/usr/openwin/bin
export DISPLAY=<host>:1
xhost +
vncserver :1
set the password

That should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

VNC depot

Hi All, I'm having a very difficult time compiling VNC for HPUX 11.0. Is there a vnc depot sitting somewhere out there ? Thanks a bunch, KENT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error message vnc

The vncpasswd command was launched. Running vncserver on AIX 5.2 works fine as root. But I want execute it in the inittab I get this error message: Can't get password: not a tty? Any ideas what's up? :confused: Thinks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

VNC Timer

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foweja
0 Replies

5. Linux

VNC problem

Hi All, I really love this forum, i put here many problem and i got the solution. thanks to all forum guys. I am putting another problem here actually this problem in my VNC session to start the VNC session i am running : #vncserver -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24 New... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have a RHEL 5.0 vnc server. It is running on runlevel 5. When I try to connect with vnc client on Windows machine, it connects with no graphics. A terminal comes look like runlevel 3. When I check the run level on the terminal, it shows 5. I have both desktop (Gnome & KDE) installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

7. Solaris

vnc server error

I 'm unable to start vnc server, i get following error in the log file Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed' xsetroot: unable to open display 'essapl020-u009:0' twm: unable to open display "essapl020-u009:0" xterm Xt error: Can't open display: essapl020-u009:0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

VNC trouble

I have been having issues with VNC. I have been gettining a lot of errors but mostly gray screens and some black screens. I think this may also be a gnome error. I know that the xstartup file is the file to look at. > more ~/.vnc/xstartup #!/bin/sh && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Question on VNC

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

10. Linux

Open vnc:0

Hi, Is there a way to open vnc:0 on redhat? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Somename
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)