Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router? Post 302415512 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 06:54:24 PM
Old 04-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhohne
My printer doesn't have its own IP.. Its like this

Client's Unix Server
-- www ---
My cable modem
My router
My Win XP PC<---hardwired USB Printer

Does that clarify? I hope...
Jmh
Ah, yes. Port-forward to your PC instead.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX as ROUTER

dear all, hi... my name rian, i have some problem here, i'm trying to make router on UNIX machine, is there anyone know how to make it....... :confused: please let me know about the step.... thanks before.. cheers Rian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afriansyah
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

My router has UPnP, as do its work with ubuntu to automatically open ports

My router has UPnP,how to make it work with ubuntu to automatically open ports I try to open the following command " /sbin/iptables -I INPUT -d 0/0 -s 0/0 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT" ,local only opens ,if i put the ip 192.168.1.68, it works correctly, if i`m put my external ip does not work,I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhalus
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)						 XPRINT FUNCTIONS					     XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)

NAME
XpGetPrinterList - Retrieves a list of all printers supported on an X Print Server. SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lXp [ library... ] #include <X11/extensions/Print.h> XPPrinterList XpGetPrinterList ( display, printer_name, list_count_return ) Display *display; char *printer_name; int *list_count_return; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure; returned from XOpenDisplay. printer_name Specifies the name of the printer for which information is desired. If NULL, then information is returned for all printers associ- ated with the server. list_count_return Returns the number of printers in the list. DESCRIPTION
XpGetPrinterList returns a list of printer records where each record describes a printer supported by the X Print Server, or NULL if any errors occur. If printer_name is NULL, then a list of all printers supported is returned. If printer_name is non-NULL, only print records matching printer_name are returned, and if no records match printer_name , then NULL is returned. printer_name is a COMPOUND_TEXT string, and the name and desc fields in the returned list will be in COMPOUND_TEXT (note, ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) is a proper subset of COMPOUND_TEXT, so can be used directly). If printer_name is in a code-set that the X Print Server cannot convert (into its operating code-set), then the X Print Server may fail to locate the requested printer. If printer_name is NULL, then all printer names, regardless of their code-set, can be returned, leaving the task of specific printer recognition up to the caller. When XpGetPrinterList is called, the caller's locale (see XpSetLocaleHinter) is included in the request as a "hint" to the X Print Server. If supported by the implementation, the X Print Server will use the hint to locate a localized description for each printer in the list. If the X Print Server cannot understand the hint, the X Print Server will choose a default. The returned printer list can be freed by calling XpFreePrinterList. The XPPrinterList structure defined in <X11/extensions/Print.h> contains: typedef struct { char *name; /* name */ char *desc; /* localized description */ } XPPrinterRec, *XPPrinterList; DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Insufficient memory. SEE ALSO
XpFreePrinterList(3Xp), XpSetLocaleHinter(3Xp) X Version 11 libXp 1.0.0 XpGetPrinterList(3Xp)