Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vnc error
Operating Systems Solaris vnc error Post 302415413 by xxmasrawy on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 01:53:24 PM
Old 04-22-2010
vnc error

hi all,
when i try to configure vnc server on solaris to able to connect from windows

when i run vncserver command in solaris 10
i got this error
Code:
root@local $ vncserver
vncserver: couldn't find "Xvnc" on your PATH.
root@local $

what can i do to solve this problem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

VNC depot

Hi All, I'm having a very difficult time compiling VNC for HPUX 11.0. Is there a vnc depot sitting somewhere out there ? Thanks a bunch, KENT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error message vnc

The vncpasswd command was launched. Running vncserver on AIX 5.2 works fine as root. But I want execute it in the inittab I get this error message: Can't get password: not a tty? Any ideas what's up? :confused: Thinks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

VNC Timer

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foweja
0 Replies

5. Linux

VNC problem

Hi All, I really love this forum, i put here many problem and i got the solution. thanks to all forum guys. I am putting another problem here actually this problem in my VNC session to start the VNC session i am running : #vncserver -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24 New... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have a RHEL 5.0 vnc server. It is running on runlevel 5. When I try to connect with vnc client on Windows machine, it connects with no graphics. A terminal comes look like runlevel 3. When I check the run level on the terminal, it shows 5. I have both desktop (Gnome & KDE) installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

7. Solaris

vnc server error

I 'm unable to start vnc server, i get following error in the log file Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed' xsetroot: unable to open display 'essapl020-u009:0' twm: unable to open display "essapl020-u009:0" xterm Xt error: Can't open display: essapl020-u009:0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

VNC trouble

I have been having issues with VNC. I have been gettining a lot of errors but mostly gray screens and some black screens. I think this may also be a gnome error. I know that the xstartup file is the file to look at. > more ~/.vnc/xstartup #!/bin/sh && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Question on VNC

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

10. Linux

Open vnc:0

Hi, Is there a way to open vnc:0 on redhat? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Somename
1 Replies
vncpasswd(1)							     TightVNC							      vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - set passwords for VNC server SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [file] vncpasswd -t vncpasswd -f DESCRIPTION
The vncpasswd utility should be used to create and change passwords for the TightVNC server authentication. Xvnc uses such passwords when started with the -rfbauth command-line option (or when started from the vncserver script). vncpasswd allows to enter either one or two passwords. The first password is the primary one, the second password can be used for view-only authentication. Xvnc will restrict mouse and keyboard input from clients who authenticated with the view-only password. The vncpasswd util- ity asks interactively if it should set the second password. The password file name defaults to $HOME/.vnc/passwd unless the -t command-line option was used (see the OPTIONS section below). The $HOME/.vnc/ directory will be created if it does not exist. Each password has to be longer than five characters (unless the -f command-line option was used, see its description below). Only the first eight characters are significant. If the primary password is too short, the program will abort. If the view-only password is too short, then only the primary password will be saved. Unless a file name was provided in the command-line explicitly, this utility may perform certain sanity checks to prevent writing a pass- word file into some hazardous place. If at least one password was saved successfully, vncpasswd will exit with status code 0. Otherwise the returned status code will be set to 1. OPTIONS
-t Write passwords into /tmp/$USER-vnc/passwd, creating the /tmp/$USER-vnc/ directory if it does not exist, and checking the permis- sions on that directory (the mode must be 700). This option can help to improve security when your home partition may be shared via network (e.g. when using NFS). -f Filter mode. Read plain-text passwords from stdin, write encrypted versions to stdout. One or two passwords (full-control and view- only) can be supplied in the input stream, newline terminates a password. Note that in the filter mode, short or even empty pass- words will be silently accepted. SEE ALSO
vncserver(1), Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncpasswd(1)