Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using perl to obtain stats instead of grep Post 302415324 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 09:16:11 AM
Old 04-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden_tyler
$ perl -F, -ane 'if ($F[6] eq "success"){$s{$F[4]}++} elsif ($F[6] =~ m/failed/){$f{$F[4]}++}; $x{$F[4]}=1;
END {
printf("%10s %10s %10s\n","Pass ID","Successes","Failures");
foreach $i (keys %x) {printf("%10s %10s %10s\n", $i, $s{$i} // 0, $f{$i} // 0)}
}' f3
Pass ID Successes Failures
EPASS013 1 0
EPASSV09 1 2
EPASS088 2 1
$
$
[/code]

tyler_durden
above in bold should be :-

Code:
foreach $i (keys %x) {printf("%10s %10s %10s\n", $i, $s{$i} || 0, $f{$i} || 0)}

BR
SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie to perl - Help with stats script

Hi, this is my first post so here goes..... I need help... I am trying to write a script to produce some stats based on a number of searches in a log file. Now i know how to do this using multiple variables which are really just greps, but I want a more efficent way of doing this as my poor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ARwebble
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep using Perl

I'm using perl to do a grep of each line in a vendor file and find its occurrences in a specific directory. Any values found is saved in @dir. .....(file opened, etc.) .... while ($line=<FILE>){ @dir = `grep $line * `; } It's the specific usage of the system grep that I'm having... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavineq
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl grep

OK here's the situation: I have got these lines which I have got to parse. If the line contains a particular string and any element from a previously defined array I need to take that particular line and do some further processing. if ((grep(/$_/,$1)) && (grep($pattern,@myarr))) { #Do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute Grep in Perl.

$ grep edge test_1 |sort|uniq >result.txt $more result.txt edge-a-pas01.com 10.12.10.11 edge-b-pas02.com 10.12.10.12 edge-c-pas03.com 10.12.10.50 edge-d-pas03.com 10.12.10.10 how do we execute the above grep command using perl? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep in perl

Hello I want to grep a line from a file saved in some directory. Can anyone please correct the code below: #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file = "/home/output.txt" $grep_line = "closing zip for topic"; `grep $grep_line* $file`; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + and Grep

Hi All i have this script that uses glob to look in /var/log/messages.* my @messagefiles = glob "/var/log/messages.*"; and the code that uses it is this grep { /NVRM: Xid/ } @messages) but this spits out this /var/log/messages-20111030:Oct 25 13:43:04 brent kernel: NVRM:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Issue in Perl

Im storing multiple functions in a varaible called $check... The variable check contains the following: a() b() c() ... ..etc now im checking individually which function is kept in which file using GREP if ( grep \$check \i, <FILE> ) The problem is im getting the output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in PERL

Hi, Can anybody let me know how this grep will work. The input and output is not known. Also can you give me the details of any link where i can find clearly about grep Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a pattern in perl?

hello Everyone i am a newbie. i have a file which contains the following E:\gtmproj\script\i486_nt\obj\check_geomtools.exe: o:\portsrc\spg\system_1\i486_nt\advapps\TK-2\objmt\winclockmtq.lib E:\gtmproj\script\i486_nt\obj\check_geomtools.exe:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in solving to obtain desired print output using awk or perl or any commands, Please help!!

I have an file which have data in lines as follows ad, findline=24,an=54,ab=34,av=64,ab=7989,ab65=34,aj=323,ay=34,au=545,ad=5545 ab,abc,an10=23,an2=24,an31=32,findline=00,an33=23,an32=26,an40=45,ac23=5,ac=87,al=76,ad=26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepKrish
3 Replies
REDSHIFT(5)							 REDSHIFT.CONF(5)						       REDSHIFT(5)

NAME
redshift.conf - configuration file for redshift and gtk-redshift DESCRIPTION
A configuration file with the name `redshift.conf' can optionally be placed in `~/.config/'. The file has standard INI format. General pro- gram options are placed under the `redshift' header, while options for location providers and adjustment methods are placed under a header with the name of that provider or method. General options are: temp-day = integer Daytime temperature temp-night = integer Night temperature transition = 0 or 1 Disable or enable transitions brightness-day = 0.1-1.0 Screen brightness at daytime brightness-night = 0.1-1.0 Screen brightness at night gamma = R:G:B Gamma adjustment to apply adjustment-method = name Select adjustment method. Options for the adjustment method can be given under the configuration file heading of the same name. location-provider = name Select location provider. Options for the location provider can be given under the configuration file heading of the same name. Options for location providers and adjustment methods can be found in the help output of the providers and methods. EXAMPLE
Example for Copenhagen, Denmark: $ redshift -l 55.7:12.6 -t 5700:3600 -g 0.8 -m vidmode -v An example configuration file with the same effect as the above command line: [redshift] temp-day=5700 temp-night=3600 gamma=0.8 adjustment-method=vidmode location-provider=manual AUTHOR
redshift was written by Martin Koelewijn and Jon Lund Steffensen. This manual page was created by Franziska Lichtblau <rhalina@old-forest.org> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). redshift 1.7 June 2012 REDSHIFT(5)