Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Network Interface and USB Drive issues Post 302415318 by jlliagre on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 08:34:42 AM
Old 04-22-2010
So did you install that gani driver which was pointed out by hergp ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

network interface problem solaris 2.5

Hi guys, Hope somebody can help me on this. I have a Sun Sparc 20 workstation and it has a boot problem. During boot, an error message " ifconfig:socket: Bad File Number" come up and the workstation hang (cannot boot). I did boot -s and checked using ifconfig -a command but i got the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kroegand
0 Replies

2. Solaris

USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi- I would like to know if anyone has used any USB External Hard Drive, about 500/750GB or 1TB, with any of the Solaris 10 "SPARC" systems. Not on intel nor amd platform. I'm looking for the compatible drive and found a few listed on Sun solaris ready page, but I'd like to have inputs from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agfa_109
3 Replies

3. Solaris

USB Drive for Solaris

I have a T2000 server running solaris 10, it has 4 USB ports. I want to extend the storage capacity by attaching an external USB drive and mounting it as an other mount point. How do I do that, the following link gives information about USB in Solaris OS, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Getting Network Interface details in solaris

Hi, /sbin/ifconfig -a when i login as guest user , output like below, lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 eri0: flags=1004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network Interface -- Solaris

Dear All, I have a solaris Server in which I have 4 network interfaces , out of which only one is used . So all the applications are using this interface . The interface speed is 1000Mbps . I find no hardware issue or packets g being dropped. But i find that no of Input and Output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Network interface configuration - Solaris 11

Hi, I am new in Solaris 11. I can't even make the NIC work. Here is the issue: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. Solaris

SAS drive USB caddy on Solaris V440

Got a T2000 which has got the 2.5" SAS drives. Want to be able, if I can, to connect to USB caddy and connect to a V440. Anyone ever tried this? To be honest, having problems even finding a SAS-USB caddy. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies
usb_string_descr(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				      usb_string_descr(9S)

NAME
usb_string_descr - USB string descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/usb/usba.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
The usb_string_descr_t string descriptor defines the attributes of a string, including size and Unicode language ID. Other USB descriptors may have string descriptor index fields which refer to specific string descriptors retrieved as part of a device's configuration. Please refer to Section 9.6.7 of the USB 2.0 specification. The USB 2.0 specification is available at www.usb.org. A string descriptor has the following fields: uint8_t bLength Size of this descriptor, in bytes. uint8_t bDescriptorType Set to USB_DESCR_TYPE_STRING. uint16_t bString[1]; Variable length Unicode encoded string. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), usb_get_alt_if(9F), usb_get_cfg(9F), usb_get_dev_data(9F), usb_get_string_descr(9F), usb_parse_data(9F), usb_ctrl_request(9S) SunOS 5.10 5 Jan 2004 usb_string_descr(9S)