Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can I use bind9 to resolve only ONE hostname in a zone? Post 302415281 by chakrapani on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 07:11:18 AM
Old 04-22-2010
Good spoofing OK Smilie
BAD spoofing -- Grrrr ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS upgrade issues, bind9.5.0_P1

so we had bind 9.3.0... we upgraded to 9.5.0 patch 1 we kept the exact same named.conf now we have a problem that some DMZ server cant do lookups from our DNS slave anymore. in the named.log we see things like this: 22-Jul-2008 16:05:04.694 security: info: client <our DMZ servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Conditional Forwarding using BIND9

Hello, I'm a noob when it comes to DNS and BIND9, so forgive me if my description seems pedantic: I connect to my workplace's network using VPN, which sets me up with the workplace DNS servers. Those servers manage the an internal namespace (visible only to users inside the VPN), with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolve IP to Hostname?

Good day, I would like to resolve IP's to Hostnames using Putty. I'm using Mandriva Linux 2008.0. Is this possible? Perhaps with nmap? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: McGuywer
13 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

bind9 with ldap using dlz

Hello guys, can anyone help me with the below error I'm getting from bind9? I'm trying to make bind read all the zone info from openldap, I have already created the schema and I've put some info into the ldap. I have also tried to google the error with no success. I'm aware there is an problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yered
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bind9 non existing ip , time of query

how can i set default permission for nslookup, i have in my nslookup timeout = 0 retry = 3 port = 53 but i want to set it to : timeout = 2 retry = 2 port = 53 i'm using bind9 , where can i set the default timeout for it? thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BIND9 CNAME to External Domain

We're moving an app from a server in our domain to a server hosted by the vendor in their domain. This app had it's own domain setup that we're authoritative for. Do I need to create a new zone file? zone-vendor_com and set up the CNAME records in this file? Or if I can just edit the one I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joeaverage
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Bind9 DNSSEC and rollerd

Hi all, I've a litte problem to get rollerd running and signing my zones if the ZSK of my zones are near expiring or expired. rollerd is running but do nothing startet with: /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/rollerd -rrfile /etc/bind/all.rollrec -directory /etc/bind -logfile /dev/stdout ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xabbu
1 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)