Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert sed to perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert sed to perl Post 302415175 by Nila on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 01:50:40 AM
Old 04-22-2010
Try this,

Code:
perl -nle "print if(/\/var\/log/)" /etc/syslog.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

***convert from perl to bash***

can any body translate the follwing script into one that works in bash? #!/usr/bin/perl # classify_books.pl my $csv_file = shift; my %categories = ( 'childrens' => 'childrens_books.txt', 'horror' => 'horror_books.txt', 'sports ' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh script into perl

Good afternoon to you all I really need your help I have the following script developed in .sh and I need to convert it into perl. Can someone help me do it please? Here´s the script: ############################################## ############################################## ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Sed command to perl command

Hello, Can any perl experts help me convert my sed string to perl. I am unsuccessful with this. I have to remove this string from html files OAS_AD('Top'); I have come up with this. However the requirement is in perl. for find in $(find . -type f -name "file1.html") ; do cat $find |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert from Csh to Perl

Hi , I am trying to convert the below code embedded in a csh script to Perl. Can any expert give me some advice on this ? sed -n ''"$start_line"',$ p' $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted.txt|cut -c1-4,6-|/bin/perl $test_summary/compare_for_all _Duts.pl|sort > $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted1.txt (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to Hex in perl

Hi, i want to convert number 5860533159 to hexadecimal. i need to use perl. i used $foo = 5860533159; $hexval3 = sprintf("%#x", $foo); i am getting value as 0xffffffff. i need to get value as 0x15D50A3A7. when i converted using google calculator, i got the correct value, expected... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX to perl

Hi, Can someone convert the code into perl ? x=(a b c) y=(d e) times=$((${#x} * ${#y})) ((xi=yi=0)) for((i=1;i<=times;i++,xi++,yi++)) do if((xi>${#x}-1));then xi=0;fi if((yi>${#y}-1));then yi=0;fi print ${x},${y} done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl to shell

Hi I am a novice in scripting .Please help me converting perl script into shell my ($ref) = shift; my $id; my $cnt=0; my $first =0; my $filename ; my $filename1 ; FOREACH:foreach my $r (qw(RET LSH PDM )) { $ref->{$cnt}->{num_errors} =0; $ref->{$cnt}->{num_warnings} =0;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apassi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to shell convert

HI All, I am new in shell scripting ,can any one please help me to convert this scripts from Perl to Shell. Thank in advance. $customer=$ARGV; $rows=`hadoop fs -ls /ncip/$customer/|wc -l`; if($rows==3){ print "$customer directory exists , cleaning up ! \n"; `hadoop fs -rm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atul301
1 Replies
diffmk(1)							   User Commands							 diffmk(1)

NAME
diffmk - mark differences between versions of a troff input file SYNOPSIS
diffmk oldfile newfile markedfile DESCRIPTION
diffmk compares two versions of a file and creates a third version that includes "change mark" (.mc) commands for nroff(1) and troff(1). oldfile and newfile are the old and new versions of the file. diffmk generates markedfile, which, contains the text from newfile with troff(1) "change mark" requests (.mc) inserted where newfile differs from oldfile. When markedfile is formatted, changed or inserted text is shown by | at the right margin of each line. The position of deleted text is shown by a single *. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of diffmk when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: An example of the diffmk command. diffmk can also be used in conjunction with the proper troff requests to produce program listings with marked changes. In the following command line: example% diffmk old.c new.c marked.c ; nroff reqs marked.c | pr the file reqs contains the following troff requests: .pl 1 .ll 77 .nf .eo .nh which eliminate page breaks, adjust the line length, set no-fill mode, ignore escape characters, and turn off hyphenation, respectively. If the characters | and * are inappropriate, you might run markedfile through sed(1) to globally change them. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), nroff(1), sed(1), troff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) BUGS
Aesthetic considerations may dictate manual adjustment of some output. File differences involving only formatting requests may produce undesirable output, that is, replacing .sp by .sp 2 will produce a "change mark" on the preceding or following line of output. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 diffmk(1)