Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory Post 302415126 by kel1014 on Thursday 22nd of April 2010 01:06:45 AM
Old 04-22-2010
Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all,

Hope you are doing well.

I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server.

Situation:
There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated weekly. (e.g. 100417 means 17 Apr 2010) What i need to do is to write a sh script to download the latest file.

Can anyone kindly help?

Regards,
KK

---------- Post updated 04-22-10 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-21-10 at 09:38 PM ----------

Anyone can help please?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ftp latest file

Hello All, Hope u r doing fine. I'm writing a shell script to ftp the latest file having pericular convention as 'ULTI_15072007043205.txt' on daily basis. Now the date & timing of the file geleration isnt constant, so the file name daily varies as per the date & timing of generation. Can anyone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting latest file from ftp

Hi, i have multile JAMA01.DAT.* files in my ftp. how can i get the latest file in from the ftp by executing the script :rolleyes:? Regards, Arun S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunavlp
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command to get latest file

Hi, I would like an FTP command or series of commands to get only the latest file. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get latest file via FTP session

Hello , My requirement is as follows: I want to connect to a remote FTP server using FTP and then get the latest file from server location can u pls share code snippet for this ? Regards, Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

FTP script to get latest file from server

Hello people, I have to download, with a scheduled script, the latest file from an FTP server. In the remote DIR, named .../TEKNONET/60468/, every night a CDR file like this gets uploaded into it: 000006046820151122N001.CDR, so my script will have to download every day the previous day... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload latest file to ftp

Hi, I want to create a script that parses the content of a file (on each line there is a filename with full path containing the latest fiels created on that day) and uploads every file to a ftp location. Any elegant way to do it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
4 Replies
GENBACKUPDATA(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GENBACKUPDATA(1)

NAME
genbackupdata - generate backup test data SYNOPSIS
genbackupdata [--chunk-size=SIZE] [--config=FILE] [-c=SIZE] [--create=SIZE] [--depth=DEPTH] [--dump-config] [--dump-setting-names] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--max-files=MAX-FILES] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [--quiet] [--seed=SEED] [--version] DESCRIPTION
genbackupdata generates test data sets for performance testing of backup software. It creates a directory tree filled with files of dif- ferent sizes. The total size and the distribution of sizes between small and big are configurable. The program can also modify an exist- ing directory tree by creating new files, and deleting, renaming, or modifying existing files. This can be used to generate test data for successive generations of backups. The program is deterministic: with a given set of parameters (and a given pre-existing directory tree), it always creates the same output. This way, it is possible to reproduce backup tests exactly, without having to distribute the potentially very large test sets. The data set consists of plain files and directories. Files are either small text files or big binary files. Text files contain the "lorem ipsum" stanza, binary files contain randomly generated byte streams. The percentage of file data that is small text or big binary files can be set, as can the sizes of the respective file types. Files and directories are named "fileXXXX" or "dirXXXX", where "XXXX" is a successive integer, separate successions for files and directo- ries. There is an upper limit to how many files a directory may contain. After the file limit is reached, a new sub-directory is created. The first set of files go into the root directory of the test set. You have to give one of the options --create, --delete, --rename, or --modify for the program to do anything. You can, however, give more than one of them, if DIR already exists. (Giving the same option more than once means that only the last instance is counted.) (DIR) is created if it doesn't exist already. OPTIONS
--chunk-size=SIZE generate data in chunks of this size (default: 16384) --config=FILE add FILE to config files -c, --create=SIZE how much data to create (default: 0) --depth=DEPTH depth of directory tree (default: 3) --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --file-size=SIZE size of one file (default: 16384) --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --max-files=MAX-FILES max files/dirs per dir (default: 128) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --quiet do not report progress --seed=SEED seed for random number generator (default: 0) --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLES
Create data for the first generation of a backup: genbackupdata --create=10G testdir Modify an existing set of backup data to create a new generation: genbackupdata -c 5% -d 2% -m 5% -r 0.5% testdir The above command can be run for each new generation. GENBACKUPDATA(1)