Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to write a shell script to connect to another server? Post 302415066 by Angelo on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 04:19:07 PM
Old 04-21-2010
Thanks Corona for the reply.

The script I have written doesn't work.
There is an error message. I have tried in vain to rectify it.
Could you please look at it too?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to another server and copying files

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a doubt reg file transfer. I have used the below script to connect to another server and find files having modified for the last 24 hours and have to move the file to another server. While i tried i am getting authentication failed, destination path not found issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: incepted
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Double post. Continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. I am using solaris-5.1 to run shell script and want to connect to SQL-5.1 which is installed on SantOS. Kindly let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write if condition in shell script for application server?

Hi all, I have a code to create folder in application server through shell script and i want to create if conditional based folder folder=$HOME/test/sample/whatever if ; then echo "$folder already exists, not created." else mkdir -p "$folder" > /dev/null 2>&1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
SETMINFO(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						    SETMINFO(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_getminfo, pvm_setminfo - Get or set header information of a message. SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_getminfo( int bufid, struct pvmminfo *mi ) int info = pvm_setminfo( int bufid, struct pvmminfo *mi ) Fortran call pvmfgetminfo( bufid, len, ctx, tag, wid, enc, crc, src, dst, info ) call pvmfsetminfo( bufid, ctx, tag, wid, src, dst, info ) PARAMETERS
bufid Message buffer identifier. mi Struct containing header information. info Result code. For a description of the Fortran parameters, see below. DESCRIPTION
These functions read and set information passed in message headers, which may be of interest to certain applications. Typically, they will be used when it is necessary to get the message context or wait id to use the same values in a reply message. The fields affected are: len The length in bytes of the body of the message. This will be equal to the actual size of the data packed, if PvmDataRaw is used, otherwise it may include pad bytes. ctx The context sent with the message. tag The tag sent with the message. wid Wait Identifier, used to match a reply message to the corresponding request. enc Message Encoding, either the data signature of the sender, or 0x10000000 for XDR. crc The CRC checksum of the message body. src The tid of the sender. dst The tid of the destination. All fields may be read, but only ctx, tag, wid, src and dst may be set. pvm_getmwid and pvm_setmwid return PvmOk if successful, or else a negative error code. EXAMPLES
/* return a message to a caller with the same tag and wait id */ struct pvmminfo mi1, mi2; pvm_recv(-1, -1); /* ... process, compose reply message */ pvm_getminfo(pvm_getrbuf(), &mi1); pvm_getminfo(pvm_getsbuf(), &mi2); mi2.wid = mi1.wid; pvm_send(mi1.src, mi1.tag); ERRORS
The following error conditions can be returned by pvm_getmwid or pvm_setmwid: PvmBadParam Invalid value for bufid or mi argument. PvmNoSuchBuf Message buffer bufid doesn't exist. SEE ALSO
pvm_bufinfo(3PVM) 13 March, 1996 SETMINFO(3PVM)