Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH shell script does not work Post 302414862 by chakrapani on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 06:47:51 AM
Old 04-21-2010
please provide output of following

$ which bash
$ which expect
$ uname -a
$ echo $SHELL
also run the command as

$ bash -x GetData.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this..

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this.. :confused: Description Bsafe The command creates a backup directory of each month at the command line (arguments of the script). The names of directories to copy will always be specified for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: strshel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

$RANDOM does not work inside a shell script

Hi folks I'm coding on Ubuntu 9.04 standard shell. I'm writing a script that needs to generate a random number at some point of its execution. When I do echo $RANDOMas a command inside shell, I clearly get some randomly generated number However when I do i=`$RANDOM` echo $ior even... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Shell script does not work

Hi. I created schell script for sending messages to some processes in AIX: #!/bin/sh BSE=/infor/ERPLN/bse BSE_TMP=/infor/ERPLN/bse/tmp export BSE BSE_TMP for i in `ps -eo pid,comm | grep bshell | cut -f 1 -d " "` do /something $i done Unfortunatelly this script does not work on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovanni
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to work command 'cd' in shell script?

I have simple script. like that, I am working on /usr/local/src and also under src folder there is a ft folder #!/bin/ksh #!/bin/bash dirpath="/usr/local/src/ft" echo $dirpath cd $dirpath echo displays ok "/usr/local/src/ft" but that doesn't enter "ft" folder. stays in current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: F@NTOM
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh does not work in script while running crontab

Hi All, I have prepared a small script to monitor few applications running on diff unix boxes(frontend/backed node1/node2 etc). ssh does not work for node2 when script executed from crontab..:wall: it work fine when i run it manually. Regards, Pavan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanchouksey
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh agent forwarding in script did not work

Sorry for the wrong question. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to work on dates

Hi Sir/Madam I have a file data.txt like below file_name date_of_creation x 2/10/2012 y 8/11/2010 z 11/3/2013 a 2/10/2013 b 3/10/2013 c ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh remote command doesn't work from script file

I have 10 application servers in a distributed architecture generating their own application logs. Each server has application utility to continuously tail the log. for example following command follows tails and follows new logfiles as they are generated server1$ logutility logtype When I run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
8 Replies

10. Programming

Shell script - if statements dont work

hi all, i have made a shell script and it runs until it reaches the if statement, doesn't the ! mean only if the command fails it will echo me that message and then exit can anyone please help me what is wrong with my code? many thanks, rob #!/bin/bash echo "is this archive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
10 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)