Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix system monitoring
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Unix system monitoring Post 302414782 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 03:08:55 AM
Old 04-21-2010
find out what is Nagios. also see this

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring system available time

Hi, I am new to Unix. I have an application which i need to monitor it for the available system time. If the system is down, i need to send an email notifying the downtime. Can someone provide a sample code or shell script to perform the above activity. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
3 Replies

2. Programming

system monitoring api

Hi all, I am looking for api to get me system monitoring statictics every 5 minutes. I am looking at the following statistics: 1. System CPU Usage 2. Process CPU Usage 3. Process Memory Usage 4. I/O Usage for a certain disk. 5. Process I/O bytes/sec utilization. I have seen very... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX system monitoring

Hi All, I am new to administration. can any one pls tell me how can i accomplish the follwoing task in AIX : 1.The overall %CPU used, the %CPU used of each CPU, the overall Real Memory in KB is used, the total Real Memory is installed in the host, the overall Virtual Memory in KB is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring and Alert System

hi, i serarch monitoring and alert system. when HDD and services are down. Send email and sms alert to me and help desk. but i don't find any program. Can you help me ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oulutas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system monitoring script

Hi, Does anyone have an example system monitoring script to monitor drives, memory, etc. Need a good example. Cheers Walnutpony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
4 Replies

6. AIX

System monitoring with RMC/RSCT

Hi all, is any of you using RMC for monitoring your LPARs? Is it viable? I know the IBM Magazine article and the Redbooks about it but I would like to hear from first hand. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies

7. Linux

Best Linux monitoring system

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Best system monitoring for Linux

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
1 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)