Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please Help Me...
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Please Help Me... Post 302414759 by Learnerabc on Wednesday 21st of April 2010 01:28:38 AM
Old 04-21-2010
why you want to use script?

I think you can easily do this by this command

ls -l dirname

RMDIR(3)								 1								  RMDIR(3)

rmdir - Removes directory

SYNOPSIS
bool rmdir (string $dirname, [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to remove the directory named by $dirname. The directory must be empty, and the relevant permissions must permit this. A E_WARN- ING level error will be generated on failure. PARAMETERS
o $dirname - Path to the directory. o $context - Note Context support was added with PHP 5.0.0. For a description of contexts, refer to "Streams". RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.0 | | | | | | | As of PHP 5.0.0 rmdir(3) can also be used with | | | some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols | | | and Wrappers" for a listing of which wrappers | | | support rmdir(3). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 rmdir(3) example <?php if (!is_dir('examples')) { mkdir('examples'); } rmdir('examples'); ?> NOTES
Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the directory in which the script is operating has the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. SEE ALSO
is_dir(3), mkdir(3), unlink(3). PHP Documentation Group RMDIR(3)