Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Not Working Post 302414514 by stringman on Tuesday 20th of April 2010 10:02:20 AM
Old 04-20-2010
10 Recommended Patch Not Working

Hello,

The 10_Recommended update failed on 3 of 191, which was patch 119254-73 (the 1st 2 patches were skipped). I looked up the patch on Sunsolve (http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-119254), which stated that 121133-02 was a required patch for 119254-73. I did a "showrev -p | grep 121133" and found that 121133 has been obsoleted by 120011-14. So it looks like I have what is required to install the patch. Oddly enough, patch 119254-73 deals w/ patching the system.

Several logs were created and the common error message is that "Patch 119254-73 failed to install due to a failure produced by pkgadd"

Another error message was:

"This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and version of a package that is already installed. The installation will attempt to overwrite this package. ... Cannot open pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully".

I'm certainly not a Solaris expert, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ken

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

after patch, telnet not working

The problem: I installed the Solaris 8 recommended patch cluster 117350-11 over 108528-15 before the Christmas break. The server is a SunFire V100. Here is the situation: Before the patch install, there was a working cron job that did daily, weekly, and monthly backups of the V100 filesystems... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart and Applying Recommended Patch Cluster

I'm trying to setup our jumpstart server to automatically apply the latest patch cluster during installs, but I'm running into an issue. Every time Jumpstart runs it has this error. Obviously it's processing the patch_order file, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended Patch Cluster Using ZFS Snapshots

I have a question regarding installing recommended patch clusters via ZFS snapshots. Someone wrote a pretty good blog about it here: Initial Program Load: Live Upgrade to install the recommended patch cluster on a ZFS snapshot The person's article is similar to what I've done in the past. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ?

Dear All, Has Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ? From suport.oracle.com i could see the last patch bundle was released on 11th july and there has been no updates after that. Does anyone know about any official announcement from oracle on this ? Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_8029
1 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 TRUNCATE(1)