Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please do help: Perl Script to pull out rows from a CSV file Post 302414388 by daptal on Tuesday 20th of April 2010 02:54:49 AM
Old 04-20-2010
can u specify an example of the output you want

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting rows from csv file

Hello, I am supposed to process about 100 csv files. But these files have some extra lines at the bottom of the file. these extra lines start with a header for each column and then some values below. These lines are actually a summary of the actual data and not supposed to be processed. These... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script

Hi All I have this csv file and I need to calculate the average of FPS. FPS:27.7420, Interval:1314184238772 FPS:25.9798, Interval:1314184242646 FPS:27.4772, Interval:1314184246311 FPS:26.1623, Interval:1314184250159 FPS:26.4515, Interval:1314184253972 FPS:31.5896, Interval:1314184257163... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to get info from specific rows & columns (.xls file)

Hi all, I want to read some specific rows & columns in the .xls file with my script to get the data to be manipulated. Now, I can read the .xls file correctly & i can go to the specific sheet that I want but i have a problem to specify the specific rows & columns. I mean, I want to get the info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yohannita
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to count unique rows in a CSV

HI All, I have a CSV file of 30 columns separated by ,. I want to get a count of all unique rows written to a flat file. The CSV file is around 5000 rows The first column is a time stamp and I need to exclude while counting unique Thanks, Ravi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani369
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull out rows with specific criteria

Hi, I have a file with multiple columns and for column 5 I want to extract that row into another file if it is equal to or greater than a certain value. For example: FAR 4 5 7 LOP GAT 3 3 3 POL I want values that are greater than 5 for column 4. So the final file will look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get duplicate rows from a csv file

How can i get the duplicates rows from a file using unix, for example i have data like a,1 b,2 c,3 d,4 a,1 c,3 e,5 i want output to be like a,1 c,3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggupta
4 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base - Interface for Text::CSV::Encoded coder base class SYNOPSIS
package Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::YourCoder; use base qw( Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base ); sub decode { ... } sub encode { ... } sub upgrade { ... } sub decode_fields_ref { ... } sub encode_fields_ref { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module is used by Text::CSV::Encoded internally. INTERFACS
decode ( $self, $encoding, $str ) = @_; .... return $decoded_str; Takes an encoding and a CSV string. It must return a Perl string decoded in $encoding. In Perl 5.8 or later, if $enc is "undef" or false, the encoding should be utf8. encode ( $self, $encoding, $str ) = @_; .... return $encoded_str; Takes an encoding and a Perl string. It must return a CSV string encoded in $encoding. In Perl 5.8 or later, if $enc is "undef" or false, the encoding should be utf8. decode_fields_ref ( $self, $encoding, $arrayref ) = @_; Takes an encoding and an array reference. It must decoded each array entries in $encoding. encode_fields_ref ( $self, $encoding, $arrayref ) = @_; Takes an encoding and an array reference. It must encoded each array entries in $encoding. upgrade ( $self, $str ) = @_; In Perl 5.8 or later, it is expected to do "utf8::upgrade" against $str. In older versions, this method may be meaningless and there is no need to implement. See to utf8. encode_check_value Setter/Getter for an argument passing to encode. $coder->encode_check_value( Encode::FB_PERLQQ ); decode_check_value Setter/Getter for an argument passing to decode. $coder->encode_check_value( Encode::FB_PERLQQ ); EXAMPLE
Use with Jcode. package Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Jcode; use strict; use base qw( Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base ); use Jcode (); my $Jcode = Jcode->new; my %alias = ( 'shiftjis' => 'sjis', 'euc-jp' => 'euc', 'sjis' => 'sjis', 'euc' => 'euc', ); sub decode { my ( $self, $encoding, $str ) = @_; my $enc = $alias{ $encoding }; $Jcode->set( $str, $enc )->euc; } sub encode { my ( $self, $encoding, $str ) = @_; my $enc = $alias{ $encoding }; $Jcode->set( $str, 'euc' )->$enc(); } sub decode_fields_ref { my ( $self, $encoding, $arrayref ) = @_; my $enc = $alias{ $encoding }; for ( @$arrayref ) { $_ = $Jcode->set( $_, $enc )->euc; } } sub encode_fields_ref { my ( $self, $encoding, $arrayref ) = @_; my $enc = $alias{ $encoding }; for ( @$arrayref ) { $_ = $Jcode->set( $_, 'euc' )->$enc(); } } AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Base(3pm)