Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Units in server racks
Special Forums Hardware Units in server racks Post 302414295 by kduffin on Monday 19th of April 2010 07:31:28 PM
Old 04-19-2010
If you're starting to look at RU (Rack Units) and other metrics to consider when filling a cabinet, three other items to consider would be: the total power used by the system (Watts), the power used by the system at startup (Watts - generally higher than the 1st metric) and the amount of heat the system is going to generate (BTU). I've seen poorly planned environments where breakers will throw or systems shutdown because of temperature.

Cheers,

Keith

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to identify list of PowerSupply Units on Solaris 5.8(2.8) Box.

How will the solaris 5.8(2.8) list the power supply units if we have 2 powersupply in the box. We know, if there are 2 disks it would list for ex:- as disk01, disk02. This is just for sake of example & I know this is not the actual. But I want to know, the actual list of powersupply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. AIX

Processsing Units and Virtual Processors.

Hi, on redhat linux 5.5 (IBM PPC) os, whenever I am running the command top, it is showing 8 cpu. Processing Units Property Current Pending Minimum 0.1 Assigned 0.8 Maximum 1 Virtual Processors Property Current Pending Minimum 1 Assigned 4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot archive file sizes are different on cluster units

Hi experts, I would have a question on boot archive files on solaris10 platform running on T5220 cluster servers. When we check the /platform/sun4v directory , and perform boot archive-list , we see that on both units same files exist. And when we mount the boot archive we see that all files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange power supply units alarms!!!

Hi folks, I encountered this alarms on a solaris server: 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 1 is faulty 04/21/12 23:18:26 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231822 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty:CLEAR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Stats Collection Units information

#!/usr/bin/perl # ## Zabbix_Apache2.pl ## Versions 2.0 # use LWP::Simple; use strict; # my($url)="http://localhost/server-status?auto"; my($server_status)=get($url); my($total_accesses,$total_kbytes,$cpuload,$uptime, $reqpersec,$bytespersec,$bytesperreq,$busyworkers,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaramakrishn
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot Same Data Two Axes Different Units)

I'm pretty familiar with Gnuplot, but I've never actually come across a reasonable solution to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I think it's because I don't know how to pose the problem neatly, so please bare with me. Also new to the forum....so yeah... I have one data set (x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC69
3 Replies
LFC-LISTUSRMAP(1)					    LFC Administrator Commands						 LFC-LISTUSRMAP(1)

NAME
lfc-listusrmap - query about a given user or list all existing users in virtual uid table SYNOPSIS
lfc-listusrmap [ --uid uid ] [ --user username ] DESCRIPTION
lfc-listusrmap queries about a given user or lists all existing users in virtual uid table. This function requires ADMIN privilege. OPTIONS
--uid uid specifies the Virtual User Id. --user username specifies the user name. EXAMPLES
lfc-listusrmap --uid 5678 5678 /DC=ch/DC=cern/OU=Organic Units/OU=Users/CN=Jean Dupond lfc-listusrmap --user "/DC=ch/DC=cern/OU=Organic Units/OU=Users/CN=Jean Dupond" 5678 /DC=ch/DC=cern/OU=Organic Units/OU=Users/CN=Jean Dupond lfc-listusrmap 5678 /DC=ch/DC=cern/OU=Organic Units/OU=Users/CN=Jean Dupond 6789 /DC=ch/DC=cern/OU=Organic Units/OU=Users/CN=Luc Martin EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_getusrbynam(3), lfc_getusrbyuid(3) LFC
$Date: 2007/12/13 06:15:14 $ LFC-LISTUSRMAP(1)