Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with distributing scripts Post 302414246 by Scrutinizer on Monday 19th of April 2010 03:14:52 PM
Old 04-19-2010
Hi msb65, Why would that be a problem? Do you mean the users would not understand how to call the master script?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing folders into set sizes

Is it possible to have a script watch a folder which contains other folders and split the contents into folders of under 700MB? Not sure if I explained that very well, but I have on my server an 'archive' folder where finished work is dropped, it is then burned to CD for storage and deleted, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redturbo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing a perl script

Hi all, I'm new to the world of Perl so may have gone about this in the wrong way (my background is mainly Java and Bash). I have a Perl script (gallery.pl) which takes in various arguments (the only mandatory arguments is a directory full of images) and creates an HTML, standards compliant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forquare
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing script projects, suggestions/ideas?

Heyas If you recall, not too long ago, i was asking about the GNU Autotools. The feedback on that was almost unisense, and me figured that it turned my (back then) +98% SHELL project into a +73% GROFF project... :( Felt a bit overhelmed, specialy since i didnt actualy use or need the true... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)