Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: loop until true
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop until true Post 302414195 by antointoronto on Monday 19th of April 2010 11:55:17 AM
Old 04-19-2010
loop until true

Hi

I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true
done some thing like this
Code:
until
if [ -d /xx/xx ]
then 
   cp filename filename.anto
fi
done

Regards,

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 04-19-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: code tags...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

True Shutdown help!

ok, i know the syntax that goes along with the Shutdown command... but my box never wants to ... well... shutdown.. it only halts, kills all the process's, stalls the comp to a complete stop, but does actually kill the monitor and/or shut off the physical computer. it will reboot properly though,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it true or not

I have heard for a long time that in maybe 2039 Unix will no longer be useable due the length of the date value. Anyone know anything about this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window

I am running an Ubuntu Gutsy laptop with Advanced Compiz fusion options enabled. I am using xdotool to simulate keyboard input in order to rotate through multiple desktops. I am looking for a way to kill a while true loop when the Enter key (or Control+C if it is easier) is pushed when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acclaypool
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on if true

Hi Team, I need to know why ppl use If true loop instead of just writing down the sequence of code lines. 1: echo "Line1" if true; then echo "Line2" fi echo "Line3" 2: echo "Line1" echo "Line2" echo "Line3" Could you explain what does the if true loop make difference in 1st compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
EditFiles(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    EditFiles(3pm)

NAME
Verilog::EditFiles - Split Verilog modules into separate files. SYNOPSIS
See splitmodule command. use Verilog::EditFiles; my $split = Verilog::EditFiles->new (outdir => "processed_rtl", translate_synthesis => 0, lint_header => undef, celldefine => 1, ); $split->read_and_split(glob("inbound_rtl/*.v")); $split->write_files(); $split->edit_file(filename=>"foo", cb => sub { return $_[0]; }); DESCRIPTION
Verilog::EditFiles provides a easy way to split library Verilog files that contain multiple modules into many files with one module per file. FUNCTIONS
new (...) Create a new Verilog::EditFiles object. Named parameters may be specified: celldefine If true, add "`celldefine" before every module statement. lint_command For the write_lint method, the name of the linter to use. Defaults to "vlint --brief". lint_header If defined, add the provided text before every module statement. Generally used to insert lint off pragmas. outdir Name of the directory to write the output modules to. Defaults to ".". program Name of the program to add to comments. Defaults to "Verilog::EditFiles". timescale_header If defined, add the provided text before every module statement. Generally set to the next needed to #include a timescale file. Use with timescale_removal. timescale_removal If set, remove any `timescales. translate_synthesis If 1, replace any synopsys translate on/offs with "`ifdef SYNTHESIS" and "`endif"s. If set to a string, use that string instead of "SYNTHESIS". v_suffix The suffix to add to convert a module name into a filename. Defaults to ".v". verbose If true, print what files are being read and written. $self->read_and_split ([filenames]) Read from the specified filenames. If there is no module statement in the file, assume it is a include file, and when write_files is called, place all of the file contents into the output. If there is a module statement, when write_files is called place all following output into a file named based on the module, with .v added. $self->write_files() Write all of the files created by read_and_split to the outdir. $self->write_lint([filename=>...]) Create a shell script that will lint every file created by write_files. If a "filename" parameter is not provided, "0LINT.sh" will be written in the default outdir. $self->edit_file(filename=>..., cb=>sub{...}) Read a file, edit it with the provided callback, and save it if it has changed. The "filename" parameter is the filename to read. The "write_filename" parameter is the filename to write, defaulting to the same name as the filename to read. The "cb" parameter is a reference to a callback which takes the string of file contents and returns the string to write back. Often the callback will simply perform a search and replace. DISTRIBUTION
Verilog-Perl is part of the <http://www.veripool.org/> free Verilog EDA software tool suite. The latest version is available from CPAN and from http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl <http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl>. Copyright 2006-2012 by Wilson Snyder. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 3 or the Perl Artistic License Version 2.0. AUTHORS
Wilson Snyder <wsnyder@wsnyder.org> SEE ALSO
Verilog-Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 EditFiles(3pm)