Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: loop until true
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop until true Post 302414195 by antointoronto on Monday 19th of April 2010 11:55:17 AM
Old 04-19-2010
loop until true

Hi

I need help with a script to loop unitl the statement is true
done some thing like this
Code:
until
if [ -d /xx/xx ]
then 
   cp filename filename.anto
fi
done

Regards,

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 04-19-2010 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: code tags...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

True Shutdown help!

ok, i know the syntax that goes along with the Shutdown command... but my box never wants to ... well... shutdown.. it only halts, kills all the process's, stalls the comp to a complete stop, but does actually kill the monitor and/or shut off the physical computer. it will reboot properly though,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it true or not

I have heard for a long time that in maybe 2039 Unix will no longer be useable due the length of the date value. Anyone know anything about this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit a while true loop

Hi guys, I'm new to unix but loving it!! BUT this is driving me nuts as i can't work out the best way to do it. I have a while true loop that i use to monitor something. For my own reasons in ths script i have disabled the CTRL C using the trap command. But i want to put in a option to exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noob e
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window

I am running an Ubuntu Gutsy laptop with Advanced Compiz fusion options enabled. I am using xdotool to simulate keyboard input in order to rotate through multiple desktops. I am looking for a way to kill a while true loop when the Enter key (or Control+C if it is easier) is pushed when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acclaypool
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop true problem

hi, i am new in bash scripting. i am trying to write a Bash script to monitor how many process are running in my Redhat6 Linux machine. example : let say there must be always 5 process from the same kind that must run and if one off them fails down the script must wake up another process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on if true

Hi Team, I need to know why ppl use If true loop instead of just writing down the sequence of code lines. 1: echo "Line1" if true; then echo "Line2" fi echo "Line3" 2: echo "Line1" echo "Line2" echo "Line3" Could you explain what does the if true loop make difference in 1st compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies
Songwrite(1)															      Songwrite(1)

NAME
Songwrite - A tablature editor SYNTAX
songwrite [<filename...>] songwrite --help songwrite --version songwrite --play [<filename...>] songwrite --playloop [<filename...>] songwrite --songbook <songbook_title> <song_filenames...> songwrite --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename> DESCRIPTION
Songwrite is a tablature (guitar partition) editor, with playing and printing ability. Songwrite is coded in Python and uses Tk (Tkinter); it relies on Timidity to play midi and on GNU Lilypond for printing. OPTIONS
--help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. --play <filename> Play <filename> and exit. --playloop <filename> Play <filename> in loop (stop it with C-c or kill). --songbook <songbook_filename> <songbook_title> <song_filenames...> Create a postcript songbook with the given title and songs. --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename> Opens no window, and converts Songwrite file <filename> into <format>. <format> is one of: lilypond, latex, ps, asciitab, midi. <output_filename> is deduced from <filename> and <format> if not given. Several --convert can be given. Use --output - for STDOUT (not available for ps). FILES
~/.songwrite AUTHORS
Jiba (Lamy Jean-Baptiste) <jiba@tuxfamily.org> Jiba (Lamy Jean-Baptiste) 0.10 Songwrite(1)