Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help grabbing data of a link
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help grabbing data of a link Post 302414193 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of April 2010 11:52:48 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Probably. That'd depend on the contents of the file though :P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differences between hard link and soft link

Hi all! I'd like to know the differences between hard links and soft links. I've already read the ln manpage, but i'm not quite sure of what i understood. Does a hard link sort of copy the file to a new name, give it the same inode number and same rights? What exactly should I do to do this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link in unix

Hi All, Can any one please explain me what is the difference between hard link and soft link in UNIX. Thanks in advance Raja Chokalingam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJACHOKALINGAM
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

/dev/core "link to program crash data"

Hi there, I found a link to a file /dev/core of 17 GB Is it ok??? I couldn't find many information about it. Any suggestion would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno PS: I'm working with FEDORA 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

5. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing data from a secured website

Hello there, I am a beginner in Perl, and I have a challenging project: I have to create a program that checks regularly on an online bank account for new operations, it should then feed a database keeping track of all the money going in and out. Of course the login details of this online... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing data between 2 points in text file

I have a text file that shows the output of my solar inverters. I want to separate this into sections. overview , device 1 , device 2 , device 3. Each device has different number of lines. but they all have unique starting points. Overview starts with 6 #'s, Devices have 4#'s and their data starts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
SHAPE_DEPEND(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   SHAPE_DEPEND(1)

NAME
shape_depend - shapeTools RMS determine source-include dependencies SYNOPSIS
shape depend [VERSIONS=<selection_rule>] [variants] DESCRIPTION
The shape release management system requires for each node system a file named Dependencies, listing the source-derived dependencies of the node components. shape depend automatically determines these dependencies and creates an appropriate Dependencies file. The dependencies have the form of regular Makefile target-dependents lines without associated build action. Note: shape depend only works for development of C programs. It additionally requires a C compiler supporting the -M (generate Makefile dependencies) option. If this is not the case in your development project, you must either rewrite the action associated with the depend target (in $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdtargets) or maintain the Dependencies files manually. The VERSIONS macro defines the version selection rule to be used. Default is most_recent. See shape_stdrul(7) or the $(SHAPELIB- PATH)/stdrules file for other possible settings. You may also use self defined version selection rules as VERSIONS rule. If your development environment contains variant definitions, in especially variant definitions that modify the list of source components to be used during a build operation, you may also need to specify one or more variants to be set. The project wide variant raster is defined in $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdvar. Check this file and the default variant settings in your Shapefile before invoking shape depend. INCONVENIENCES
Regeneration of the Dependencies file due to structural changes of the node system has to be triggered manually. Shape RMS doesn't recog- nize such changes. Variant specific Dependencies files (necessary when simultaneousky developing structurally different variants) are not supported. In this case you have to run shape depend prior to each build action. FILES
$(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdrules $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdtargets $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdvar SEE ALSO
shape_RMS (1) 21.8.119 SHAPE_DEPEND(1)