Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with script and Cron Post 302414177 by methyl on Monday 19th of April 2010 11:37:07 AM
Old 04-19-2010
If this is Red Hat 5.1 it is a known problem which is fixed in 5.2 (introduced the --input-logs parameter).

Of course if you have the later version you need to specify the --input-logs parameter to stop the program reading from standard input).

Last edited by methyl; 04-19-2010 at 12:43 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very urgent!! Cron problems

I'm having serious problems running cron. I want to create midnight backups of my files on my unix server and there is something wrong with cron. Here is what I do: First I saw that cron is running (while logged on as root) by typing "ps -aedf|grep cron" and I noticed that there is 1 instance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron problems

Hi, I am having a few problems with cron. I have created a shell script (to rotate www logs - this works) and then did the following (as root) #crontab -e 2 0 * * 3 /cron_scripts/wwwlogs.sh ? w ? q # crontab -l entry not shown e.g. it did not show what I had just writern I then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

Hi there, this time a have a other problem :) i will start a script over the cron. if i start the script manual (per command) it works without any problems, but over the cron it doesent work. my cron looks like this: 26 15 * * * /path/scriptname.sh 2> /path/error.log there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Cron and isql

Dear Friends, I am running a script which runs a select query from a sybase table and outputs the result (1 row) into a .txt file in unix. When I run the script manually it behaves normally. However it doesnt run in crontab. #!/usr/bin/ksh . /opt/ivb/config/set_env ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems running script in cron...

Hi all, I have a script running on a Solaris 8 box and the first thing it does it check which user is executing it; if ; then echo "This script must be run as testuser" 1>&2 exit 1 fi This works fine when manually running the script however when adding into that users' crontab it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

6. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problems

I am trying to setup a cron that runs a script to update my ip for my domain name every time I reboot and checks if my ip changes every 5 minutes and if it does then I update it. I am running Ubuntu server 12.04. The file /etc/cron.d/ipupdate contains # # # Run ipupdate # # /5 * ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bros2
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Cron

Good evening, ive got this cron to be run: if i run this manually it doesnt work,it takes me to the prompt again /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 here is the code fragment: coopge@coopge: opge PRODUCCION>more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems with set up Cron

Hi I want to set up a cron for every 15 minutes between some hours. Can you tell whether the below command will work. Getting confuse because my time goes from night to next day morning. i want to setup 8 PM to next day 10 AM. */15 20-10 * * * sh abc.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju2016
1 Replies
AULAST:(8)						  System Administration Utilities						AULAST:(8)

NAME
aulast - a program similar to last SYNOPSIS
aulast [ options ] [ user ] [ tty ] DESCRIPTION
aulast is a program that prints out a listing of the last logged in users similarly to the program last and lastb. Aulast searches back through the audit logs or the given audit log file and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) based on the range of time in the audit logs. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case aulast will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus aulast 0 is the same as last tty0. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. The main difference that a user will notice is that aulast print events from oldest to newest, while last prints records from newest to oldest. Also, the audit system is not notified each time a tty or pty is allocated, so you may not see quite as many records indicating users and their tty's. OPTIONS
--bad Report on the bad logins. --extract Write raw audit records used to create the displayed report into a file aulast.log in the current working directory. -ffile Use the file instead of the audit logs for input. --proof Print out the audit event serial numbers used to determine the preceding line of the report. A Serial number of 0 is a place holder and not an actual event serial number. The serial numbers can be used to examine the actual audit records in more detail. Also an ausearch query is printed that will let you find the audit records associated with that session. --stdin Take audit records from stdin. EXAMPLES
To see this month's logins ausearch --start this-month --raw | aulast --stdin SEE ALSO
last(1), lastb(1), ausearch(8), aureport(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2008 AULAST:(8)