Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with sort-of array in SH Post 302414142 by jsmoriss on Monday 19th of April 2010 10:23:41 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Code:
echo $* | tr -d ' '

js.

---------- Post updated at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:20 AM ----------

Here's another in bash (not bourne):
Code:
var="$*"
echo ${var// /}

js.

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-19-2010 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: use code tags please, ty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort() array of strings in perl

I have a perl script with an array of clients. @arr = ("The ABC Corp", "AA Corp.", "BB Corp"); If I run @a = sort (@arr); I will get @a = ("AA Corp", "BB Corp", "The ABC Corp"); but I want @a = ("AA Corp, "The ABC Corp", "BB Corp"); How do I sort array without changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Sort Array of Hashes ??

Some one plz help me how to sort an array of hashes ..... for e.g i have an array as @AoH = ( { ques => 10, marks => 32, }, { ques => 32, marks => 22, }, { ques => 2, marks => 41, }, ); now i want to sort this array with increasing value of "ques" ..... plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort after 2. column in array in Perl

Hey How do I sort an array numerically after the second column? My values are integers like 1, 2, 3, 4... and they are not unique, so I can't just reverse my hash and sort by keys. I wanna sort my file/array so that I get the lines with the highest value in the top - that is descending. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banni
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort piping to awk array - help please

Hi I'm just learning programming and need some help. I've taken a data file which has a list of numbers eg: 3 5 32 533 13 2 And I've used sort -n and to sort and then piped it to awk to arrange into an array. #!/bin/sh sort -n data.txt | awk ' { array=$1 } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EL_Chemso
4 Replies

6. Programming

Merge sort when array starts from zero(0) index???

Hi friends, I have implemented the merge sort algorith in c, before I put forward my question, you please have a look at my code. // The array is sorted, as 1234 #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> int A = {4, 3, 2, 1}; void Merge_Sort(int , int, int); void... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array sort

I have a file as below Input File: 5/11/2012, dir1, 134 5/11/2012, dir2, 2341 5/11/2012, dir3, 2134 5/11/2012, dir4, 2334 5/12/2012, dir1, 234 5/12/2012, dir2, 2341 5/12/2012, dir3, 2334 5/13/2012, dir1, 234 5/13/2012, dir2, 2341 5/13/2012, dir3, 2334 5/13/2012, dir4, 21134 Now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort array elements from same field

Hi, input: line1|error_type_a@15 line1|error_type_c@10 line1|error_type_b@5 line2|error_type_f@3 line2|error_type_a@1 I would need to place all the second fields with common first field on the same line, BUT with sorted error position number: line1|error_type_b@5; error_type_c@10;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array length: ls and sort

Hi there, I'm listing files and sorting them. When I try to get length of array variable in which these files are stored I get 1 as value. That's weird. files_info="$(find $input_dir -name "*_CHR$i.info" | sort )" printf ${#files_info}"\n" #print length #--loop through... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)