Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Keep whenever - occurs right after a + Post 302413985 by kylle345 on Monday 19th of April 2010 12:54:03 AM
Old 04-19-2010
Keep whenever - occurs right after a +

Hi,
I have a file that I want to manipulate, so basically I want to keep the rows that have a + and then - right after. So here is what I mean:

my file (tab delim.)

Code:
bee  +
see  +
jee   -
bep  +
iott  +
mun -
moo -

So I only want the rows that have + then a - right after. The output would look like this .

Code:
see  +
jee   -
iott  +
mun -

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

error occurs while some users login

hi all, i have a problem that while some of the users trying to login the following error occurs and the session is automatically closed. ssl error: RAND_status reported there wasn't enough randomness for the PRNG. ssl error: You need to specify RandomFile or EGDFile to obtain the randomness.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
0 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot catch SIGINT while serial break condition occurs

I setup termios structure with IGNBRK is not set and BRKINT is set. To allow the process to receive signals I call: fcntl(fd, F_SETOWN, getpid()); I have made a signal handler to catch all signals. I can catch SIGINT when pressing ctrl+c but when I send break signal over serial then it cannot... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzz
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from script when error occurs

Hi Friends, Is it possible to exit nicely(ie, to echo a message with the error occurred) from a shell script(quiet a big one :)) once it encounter an error in between the lines? For example, in my script I am calling the command mkdir and sometimes (when the directory already exists) it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: error occurs when installing rpm

Hello All, when I install rpm rpm --install rpm packagename I got the following errors stty:standard input:invalid argument stty:standard input:invalid argument I dont know what i have to do exactly. I search on google for the same but not a particular standard solution is given... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a type of file in a directory immediately it occurs

Hi All, I have to maintain few servers and in those servers in a specific directory some special jobs keeps on running ....... The directory is having many kind of files like.....acd*, hud*, rca*....bla bla bla....... My aim is that if due to any job-any time a file having initials like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendra.pat04
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read how many times same result occurs?

Is there a way to read how many times each result occurs in a list, say the list.txt has the results: a c d a f c a d e and I need to know how many times each of them occurs such as : a=3 c=2 ..etc. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute condition until an event occurs

I need a script to keep polling "receive_dir" directory till "stopfile" get written in the directory. This has to run despite empty directory. So far i have this but fails if receive_dir is empty with no files with "unary operator expected". Help !! #!/usr/bin/ksh until do for i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iaav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep find word that occurs twice in a row

Hi there I am trying to figure out and understand what the syntax would be to egrep lines that have a word occur twice in a row. the two words obviously should have a space between them and also it has to be case sensitive which I believe grep is by deffault. the closest I have come is... grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spo_2138
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)