Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a file using awk Post 302413969 by beatblaster666 on Sunday 18th of April 2010 09:36:32 PM
Old 04-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden_tyler
Maybe something like this ?

Code:
system ("touch "target"/filename")

tyler_durden

Hm this one creates a file under target but it's name is filename and not what the string variable filename is equal to. Any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select some lines from a txt file and create a new file with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating a create ddl from a csv file using awk

Hello, I would greatly appreciate some help on the this I have comma delimited file as follows: csv file -------- TEST1,fld1,VARCHAR2,3,,, TEST1,fld2,DATE,,,, TEST1,fld2,VARCHAR2,51,,, TEST1,fld4,VARCHAR2,2,,, TEST1,fld5,NUMBER,4,0,, TEST1,fld6,VARCHAR2,1,,,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create ranges on a file with awk

Hello all, Let's say we have this file : $ cat inputfile 2 3 4 7 8 11 15 16 17 I'm trying to make a script with awk which gives as output the following : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to create a summary of a structured file

I am trying to use awk to create a summary of a structured file. Here is what it looks like: (random text) H1 H2 H3 H4 44 78 99 30 31 -- 32 21 12 33 55 21 I'd like to be able to specify a column, say H2, and then have information about that column printed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afulldevnull
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: from two file create a mail with attached error

Hi. My name is Mirko I have two file. File 1: mio@mio.it tst@test.com bye@bye.fr File 2: error 08 ffff mio@mio.it test error 05 ffff bye@bye.fr test error 11 ffff tst@test.com test error 65 ffff mio@mio.it test error 55 ffff bye@bye.fr test Examples I would like to send a mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gionfalco01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing file to create a database

Hi Guys, I have a list a hotels stored in many different text files. This list is kept in the following format: 20/03 Hotel: The Bear Hotel Honey Street Woodstock UK Tel:+44-xxxxxx Rate: 100 21/03 Hotel: The Bush Hotel Nice Street Farnham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
TOUCH(3)								 1								  TOUCH(3)

touch - Sets access and modification time of file

SYNOPSIS
bool touch (string $filename, [int $time = time()], [int $atime]) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to set the access and modification times of the file named in the $filename parameter to the value given in $time. Note that the access time is always modified, regardless of the number of parameters. If the file does not exist, it will be created. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The name of the file being touched. o $time - The touch time. If $time is not supplied, the current system time is used. o $atime - If present, the access time of the given filename is set to the value of $atime. Otherwise, it is set to the value passed to the $time parameter. If neither are present, the current system time is used. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | It became possible to change the modification | | | time of a directory under Windows. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 touch(3) example <?php if (touch($filename)) { echo $filename . ' modification time has been changed to present time'; } else { echo 'Sorry, could not change modification time of ' . $filename; } ?> Example #2 touch(3) using the $time parameter <?php // This is the touch time, we'll set it to one hour in the past. $time = time() - 3600; // Touch the file if (!touch('some_file.txt', $time)) { echo 'Whoops, something went wrong...'; } else { echo 'Touched file with success'; } ?> NOTES
Note Note that time resolution may differ from one file system to another. Warning Prior to PHP 5.3.0 it was not possible to change the modification time of a directory with this function under Windows. PHP Documentation Group TOUCH(3)