Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting decrease number by 1 in text file Post 302413909 by danmero on Sunday 18th of April 2010 08:51:08 AM
Old 04-18-2010
Code:
awk '$1=NF?$NF-1:X' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Will exe file size decrease while using inline function

using namespace std; void g(); class A { public : A() { g();g();g(); cout << "Constructor of A"<< endl ;} }; inline void g(){ cout << "vijay" <<endl; } int main() { A a; } when i use inline i get size 303488 Aug 31 12:05 a.out* when not using inline i get size 303572 Aug 31... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a number in a text file a variable?

OK this one sounds like it should be a natural... it must be possible to send a number say 200 to a text file and later use it as a variable? yada yada > file.txt how would I retrieve that number to use as a variable? Is this possible? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the number of column in the text file...?

Hi, i have text file with ~ seperated columns. it is very huge size of file, in the file sompulsary supposed to has 20 columns with ~ seperated. so how can i find if the file has 20 column in the all rows...? Sample file: APA+VU~10~~~~~03~101~101~~~APA.N O 20081017 120.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. Linux

Get a specific line number from a text file

Hello! All, Could you please tell me how to get a specific line number from a text file? For example below, ABC DEF ---> Get this line number, return to an variable GHI My OS is Linux. Thank you so much for your help in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barryxian
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a number in a text file with a specific value

My project is to get a temperature reading from a refridgerator every 2 minutes and check to see if the door has been left open. I don't yet have the mastery of Linux, being a complete noob, but I reckon I need a text file with the latest temperature reading in it. This I've managed to do by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fitch
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to decrease a string number by one in C?

If i have a macro called NUM which is "8" (string) for example How do I make it into say "7", well i just want to lower it by one, also there will never be the case where its "0" and i have to decrease it. there is no guarantee how many digits NUM could have, but will always be an integer. How... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing line in text file adding number to value in file

I have a text file that has data like: Data "12345#22" Fred ID 12345 Age 45 Wilma Dino Data "123#22" Tarzan ID 123 Age 33 Jane I need to figure out a way of adding 1,000,000 to the specific lines (always same format) in the file, so it becomes: Data "1012345#22" Fred ID... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine the frequency of each number within a text file

I'd like to determine the frequency that each number occurs within a text file. I know how to do this for a single number, but not for a set or list of numbers. Here's what I have grep -o 01 file.txt | wc -l Also, it's important that the numbers are two digits instead of 1, meaning that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: it5ju5talx
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file by field 1 that has text as well as a number

I am using the below awk that results in the below output: awk '{k=$1 OFS $2; s+=$4; c++} END{for(i in s) print i, s/c}' input.txt > output.txt output.txt chr20:43625799-43625957 STK4:exon.6;STK4:exon.7 310.703 chr20:36770455-36770611 TGM2:exon.6;TGM2:exon.7 614.756... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)