Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Units in server racks
Special Forums Hardware Units in server racks Post 302413778 by figaro on Saturday 17th of April 2010 03:10:37 AM
Old 04-17-2010
Units in server racks

What does the term units mean in the context of server racks, for instance 4U? It is an indication of height, so does that mean the amount of disks the rack can hold or can the rack hold multiple motherboards / processors?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to identify list of PowerSupply Units on Solaris 5.8(2.8) Box.

How will the solaris 5.8(2.8) list the power supply units if we have 2 powersupply in the box. We know, if there are 2 disks it would list for ex:- as disk01, disk02. This is just for sake of example & I know this is not the actual. But I want to know, the actual list of powersupply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. AIX

Processsing Units and Virtual Processors.

Hi, on redhat linux 5.5 (IBM PPC) os, whenever I am running the command top, it is showing 8 cpu. Processing Units Property Current Pending Minimum 0.1 Assigned 0.8 Maximum 1 Virtual Processors Property Current Pending Minimum 1 Assigned 4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot archive file sizes are different on cluster units

Hi experts, I would have a question on boot archive files on solaris10 platform running on T5220 cluster servers. When we check the /platform/sun4v directory , and perform boot archive-list , we see that on both units same files exist. And when we mount the boot archive we see that all files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Strange power supply units alarms!!!

Hi folks, I encountered this alarms on a solaris server: 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty 04/21/12 23:17:55 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231748 Power Supply Unit 1 is faulty 04/21/12 23:18:26 MNP-PGW-A_bge3 mnp 231822 Power Supply Unit 0 is faulty:CLEAR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Stats Collection Units information

#!/usr/bin/perl # ## Zabbix_Apache2.pl ## Versions 2.0 # use LWP::Simple; use strict; # my($url)="http://localhost/server-status?auto"; my($server_status)=get($url); my($total_accesses,$total_kbytes,$cpuload,$uptime, $reqpersec,$bytespersec,$bytesperreq,$busyworkers,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaramakrishn
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot Same Data Two Axes Different Units)

I'm pretty familiar with Gnuplot, but I've never actually come across a reasonable solution to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I think it's because I don't know how to pose the problem neatly, so please bare with me. Also new to the forum....so yeah... I have one data set (x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC69
3 Replies
gnutls_server_name_get(3)					      gnutls						 gnutls_server_name_get(3)

NAME
gnutls_server_name_get - Used to get the server name indicator send by a client SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> int gnutls_server_name_get(gnutls_session_t session, void * data, size_t * data_length, unsigned int * type, unsigned int indx); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_session_t session is a gnutls_session_t structure. void * data will hold the data size_t * data_length will hold the data length. Must hold the maximum size of data. unsigned int * type will hold the server name indicator type unsigned int indx is the index of the server_name DESCRIPTION
This function will allow you to get the name indication (if any), a client has sent. The name indication may be any of the enumeration gnutls_server_name_type_t. If type is GNUTLS_NAME_DNS, then this function is to be used by servers that support virtual hosting, and the data will be a null termi- nated UTF-8 string. If data has not enough size to hold the server name GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEMORY_BUFFER is returned, and data_length will hold the required size. index is used to retrieve more than one server names (if sent by the client). The first server name has an index of 0, the second 1 and so on. If no name with the given index exists GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (zero) is returned, otherwise an error code is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_server_name_get(3)