Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK? Post 302413739 by kcoder24 on Friday 16th of April 2010 07:12:20 PM
It's easier in awk, can you post an example of input files?

If you read from two CSV files, then the script it's something like this
Code:
awk -F, 'NR==FNR{array[$1];next}{if ($1 in array){print "Found a match"}else{print "No match"}}' fileForArray.csv anotherFile.csv

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #658
Difficulty: Medium
The FreeDOS project began on 26 June 1994, when Microsoft announced it would no longer sell or support MS-DOS.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK program with array variable

Hi, I made a small awk program just to test array variables. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. But it doesn't give out valid numbers.( just 0.00 ) Do you see any problem that I didn't see? Thanks in advance! Here is the program: ################################## BEGIN { FS =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - compare $0 to regular expression + variable

Hi, I have this script: awk -v va=45 '$0~va{print}' flo2 That returns: "4526745 1234 " (this is the only line of the file "flo2". However, I would like to get "va" to match the begining of the line, so that is "va" is different than 45 (eg. 67, 12 ...) I would not have any output. That... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help: how to compare array elements against a variable

i have an array call ignore. it is set up ignore=34th56 ignore=re45ty ignore=rt45yu . . ignore=rthg34 n is a variable. I have another variable that i read from a different file. It is $2 and it is working the way i expect. array ignore read and print correct values. in the below if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, associative array, compare files

i have a file like this < '393200103052';'H3G';'20081204' < '393200103059';'TIM';'20110111' < '393200103061';'TIM';'20060206' < '393200103064';'OPI';'20110623' > '393200103052';'HKG';'20081204' > '393200103056';'TIM';'20110111' > '393200103088';'TIM';'20060206' Now i have to generate a file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthi123
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk unable to compare the shell variable

Hi Could anyone please help with Awk. The below code prints the PID of the matching process with condition with $8 and $9 ps -ef |awk '($8~/proc/) && ($9~/rPROC2/) {print $2}' Now i want to change the Constant PROC2 from Shell variable PROC2 is already declared in shell variable SRVNAME... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk arrays - compare value in second column to variable

Hello, I am trying to redirect files to a directory by using a config file. The config files is as such: xxxxxx,ID,PathToDirectory xxxxxx,ID2,PathToDirectory2 and so on... I have a variable that should match one of these IDs. I want to load this config file into an awk array, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrfiol
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - filtering data by if --> into an array

Hi my data is in csv-format ... ... 13/08/2012,16:30,303.30,5.10,3,2,2,1,9360.0,322 13/08/2012,16:40,305.50,5.00,3,2,2,1,12360.0,322 13/08/2012,16:50,319.90,3.80,3,2,1,0,2280.0 13/08/2012,17:00,326.10,3.50,3,2,1,1,4380.0,321 13/08/2012,17:10,333.00,3.80,3,3,1,0,2280.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk - filtering data by if --> into an array

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: my data in csv-format ... ... 13/08/2012,16:30,303.30,5.10,3,2,2,1,9360.0,322... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
DBD::File(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBD::File(3)

NAME
DBD::File - Base class for writing DBI drivers SYNOPSIS
This module is a base class for writing other DBDs. It is not intended to function as a DBD itself. If you want to access flatfiles, use DBD::AnyData, or DBD::CSV, (both of which are subclasses of DBD::File). DESCRIPTION
The DBD::File module is not a true DBI driver, but an abstract base class for deriving concrete DBI drivers from it. The implication is, that these drivers work with plain files, for example CSV files or INI files. The module is based on the SQL::Statement module, a simple SQL engine. See DBI for details on DBI, SQL::Statement for details on SQL::Statement and DBD::CSV or DBD::IniFile for example drivers. Metadata The following attributes are handled by DBI itself and not by DBD::File, thus they all work like expected: Active ActiveKids CachedKids CompatMode (Not used) InactiveDestroy Kids PrintError RaiseError Warn (Not used) The following DBI attributes are handled by DBD::File: AutoCommit Always on ChopBlanks Works NUM_OF_FIELDS Valid after "$sth-"execute> NUM_OF_PARAMS Valid after "$sth-"prepare> NAME Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. NULLABLE Not really working, always returns an array ref of one's, as DBD::CSV doesn't verify input data. Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. These attributes and methods are not supported: bind_param_inout CursorName LongReadLen LongTruncOk Additional to the DBI attributes, you can use the following dbh attribute: f_dir This attribute is used for setting the directory where CSV files are opened. Usually you set it in the dbh, it defaults to the current directory ("."). However, it is overwritable in the statement handles. f_ext This attribute is used for setting the file extension where (CSV) files are opened. There are several possibilities. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv In this case, DBD::File will open only "table.csv" if both "table.csv" and "table" exist in the datadir. The table will still be named "table". If your datadir has files with extensions, and you do not pass this attribute, your table is named "table.csv", which is probably not what you wanted. The extension is always case-insensitive. The table names are not. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv/r In this case the extension is required, and all filenames that do not match are ignored. f_schema This will set the schema name. Default is the owner of the folder in which the table file resides. "undef" is allowed. my $dbh = DBI->connect ("dbi:CSV:", "", "", { f_schema => undef, f_dir => "data", f_ext => ".csv/r", }) or die $DBI::errstr; The effect is that when you get table names from DBI, you can force all tables into the same (or no) schema: my @tables $dbh->tables (); # no f_schema "merijn".foo "merijn".bar # f_schema => "dbi" "dbi".foo "dbi".bar # f_schema => undef foo bar Driver private methods data_sources The "data_sources" method returns a list of subdirectories of the current directory in the form "DBI:CSV:f_dir=$dirname". If you want to read the subdirectories of another directory, use my ($drh) = DBI->install_driver ("CSV"); my (@list) = $drh->data_sources (f_dir => "/usr/local/csv_data" ); list_tables This method returns a list of file names inside $dbh->{f_dir}. Example: my ($dbh) = DBI->connect ("DBI:CSV:f_dir=/usr/local/csv_data"); my (@list) = $dbh->func ("list_tables"); Note that the list includes all files contained in the directory, even those that have non-valid table names, from the view of SQL. KNOWN BUGS
o The module is using flock () internally. However, this function is not available on all platforms. Using flock () is disabled on MacOS and Windows 95: There's no locking at all (perhaps not so important on MacOS and Windows 95, as there's a single user anyways). AUTHOR
This module is currently maintained by H.Merijn Brand < h.m.brand at xs4all.nl > and Jens Rehsack < rehsack at googlemail.com > The original author is Jochen Wiedmann. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 by H.Merijn Brand & Jens Rehsack Copyright (C) 2004 by Jeff Zucker Copyright (C) 1998 by Jochen Wiedmann All rights reserved. You may freely distribute and/or modify this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
DBI, Text::CSV, Text::CSV_XS, SQL::Statement perl v5.12.1 2009-06-05 DBD::File(3)

Featured Tech Videos