Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C/C++ System Programming API for AIX Post 302413737 by kduffin on Friday 16th of April 2010 07:07:19 PM
Old 04-16-2010
IBM charges for their compilers, but you can download trials here:

IBM Software - C and C++ Compilers

Like most UNIX (like) O/S, AIX has a GCC option you can grab from here:

IBM developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : Open source projects

IBM's website is a mess; I have much better luck using Google and using the site tag when I'm searching for information, for instance:

site:ibm.com aix compiler

Cheers,
Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

System Programming

Hi all, I am working on a c program (in a unix environment) making system calls. My program makes references to POSIX, _POSIX_SOURCE 1. When trying to compile the c program, I received a message "Language optional software package not installed." I am not sure if this message refers to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

2. AIX

knlist API on AIX 5.3

Hi, I have written an application which reports the CPU information like user cpu%, sys cpu%, idle cpu% and wait cpu%. The application is built on an AIX 5.1 machine. The appliaction runs fine on AIX 5.1 and 5.2 and their results match with that of the topas command. But when I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allthanksquery
1 Replies

3. Programming

System programming in C

Hi there, Am very very interested in system level programming in C???? Please give me a good site or a sample program to start with.. will be of a great help to me.. Thanks, Nisha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
7 Replies

4. Programming

system monitoring api

Hi all, I am looking for api to get me system monitoring statictics every 5 minutes. I am looking at the following statistics: 1. System CPU Usage 2. Process CPU Usage 3. Process Memory Usage 4. I/O Usage for a certain disk. 5. Process I/O bytes/sec utilization. I have seen very... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

5. AIX

JMS C API library for AIX

Hi, I am looking for just the JMS C API libraries for AIX (hopfully I don't have to install websphere!), I have found them for Sun, HP and Linux, but not for AIX. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTBlack
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

API about system performance monitor

Hello, there. We want to write application on HP-UX to monitor system resource,such as CPU,Network Traffic Load,Disk Usage,etc. Anyone know these API functions except the system command ? thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
6 Replies

7. Programming

System programming in C

Hi guys, i'm programming in C for Linux but i preferred to program in FreeBSD and some FreeBSD system calls are not available in Linux and i want to make my code portable but i don't now really how, but i think if i used some C preprocessors i can make it portable, and the problems is that i don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)