Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sort mystery
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort mystery Post 302413672 by anbu23 on Friday 16th of April 2010 02:30:53 PM
Old 04-16-2010
I get same results for both the commands
Code:
$ sort -k1,1 file
1    a
10    b
2    d
20    c
$ sort -k1 file
1    a
10    b
2    d
20    c

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

terminal/port (serial) lock up mystery! SCO 5.0

Sorta new to Unix. great site here. I have SCO server with (5) 16 port Digi-boards and 5 line printers. For 3 years we've had no problems, till now... All of a sudden I get terminals and printers locking up. Killed the PID's for these particular situations. No help. So I disable the tty post... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftn96
10 Replies

2. IP Networking

Traceroute and Whois mystery

Hey folks, I've been charged with the job of finding out who's been screwing around with the download counts on our site. So now I have this huge list of IP's that I supposed to match to such and such developer. I was told by one guy that I should just do a traceroute and that'd tell me where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DumDum
2 Replies

3. Solaris

The Mystery Directory

Hello Everyone, I am currently running a large Server with Veritas Volumen Manager, attached to a EMC. uname -a SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-47 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I have one directory that tends to change to a file.Once in a while and always in different time.The file is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peterh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A perplexing mystery

A perplexing mystery... please note that i am not a lacky, and the error below is misleading recently something i do all the time broke (a script). now when i run this script i get this error. /usr/bin/awk: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. note that the (parameter list is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

I/O Error Mystery

I burned identical raw encrypted data to three cds using my new external Toshiba drive. My internal IBM read only drive does not get an I/O Error when reading in Circumstance #1, but does get an I/O Error in Circumstance #2. But, the Toshiba drive can do both circumstances without an error. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkstarxor
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mystery about Case Statement

Can I make use of two command variable in case statement case $2 $3 in stp) Firewall disabled echo " Changing the http Proxy configuration " ;; str) Firewall enabled echo " Setting right http Proxy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission mystery ?

Hello, running AIX 6.1 # ls -la /home/user1 drwxrwxrwx 8 user1 staff 4096 Apr 19 2011 . drwxr-xr-x 8 bin bin 256 Feb 08 2011 .. drwx---r-x 2 user1 staff 256 Apr 13 2011 dir1 # su - user2 $ cd /home/user1 $ ls dir1 ls: dir1: The file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Mod_rewrite Mystery

Hi Folks, I am running on a CentOS 6.3 server, whose primary function until recently has been my Zimbra mail server exclusively. I added wordpress and I have not been disappointed, with this one exception of Apache mod_rewrite. I have already tried to set selinux to permisive to eliminate that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjm51213
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell functions mystery

so i noticed that when a shell script has a function defined in it, running "sh -x" on that shell script from the command line doesnt show what the function is doing. i like this. is there anyway for anyone to get around that? to be able to see exactly what a function or functions are doing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
ROBOCUT(1)							   User Commands							ROBOCUT(1)

NAME
Robocut - is used with cutting plotters. DESCRIPTION
The `Robocut' program plots or cuts SVG files on a Craft Robo or Silhouette SD or most likely any other customer grade Graphtec cutting plotter. Usage: robocut [OPTIONS...] [File] Help Options: --help Show summary of options. --version Show version information and copyright details. --show Show all the parameters entered and the defaults. Application Options: -s, --no-sort Stop sort the objects from the SVG before plotting. -t, --bb-sort Sort the objects by bounding box, good for letters. This will cut out the inside first and than the outside. --cut Shows the cutting dialogue after start. --media INT Select the media. See drop down box. -g, --speed INT The speed between 1 and 33. -p, --pressure INT The pressure between 1 and 10. --track-enhancing Move three times back and forward to create a track. --margin-top DOUBLE Define the margin on top in mm. --margin-right DOUBLE Define the margin right in mm. Registration Mark Options: -r, --reg-mark-auto Use registration marks and find the marks automatically. --reg-mark Use registration marks but set the knife manually on top the round mark. -a, --reg-dimension-width DOUBLE Specify the length in mm between the the two horizontal marks. -b, --reg-dimension-height DOUBLE Specify the length in mm between the the two vertical marks. -c, --reg-origin-width DOUBLE Specify the length in mm between the the edge of the paper and the first horizontal mark. -d, --reg-origin-height DOUBLE Specify the length in mm between the the edge of the paper and the first vertical mark. Device Options: --usb-vendor-id INT Try this program with other usb hardware on your own risk. You need to convert hex to dec. --usb-product-id INT May also work with other hardware, try usb-devices program to scan your computer. ENVIRONMENT
QT SVG only supports the SVG 1.2 Tiny standard and this has a limited SVG support. For example multiline text is something that is no sup- ported by Robocut, however you can export your text to a path or just create each line separate. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Hutt and Markus Schulz <schulz@alpharesearch.de> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to https://bugs.launchpad.net/robocut/+filebug. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Robocut V1.0.8 August 2011 ROBOCUT(1)