Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Miscellaneous operators
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Miscellaneous operators Post 302413653 by frans on Friday 16th of April 2010 01:29:17 PM
Old 04-16-2010
it's just like
Code:
((t1=5+3))   # t1 = 8
((t1=7-1))   # t1 = 6
((t1=15-4))  # t1 = 11

If you have a "modern" shell (like bash), the "let" statement is obsolete.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk miscellaneous doubts

In this following command: awk 'BEGIN{ORS=""}1' what does '1' signifies that comes after closing curly brace '}' of awk? I guess, it does not mean 'first occurrence' because I verified that. And, pls tell me how to override or suppress awk's field variables like $1, $2.. by positional... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

And and OR Operators with If Statement.

Hi All, I have 2 variables. Result1 and Result2. I want to put a condition that if Both are True then echo "All True" Else Show Error. Right now i am doing this and getting error. if ; then echo "All True" else echo "Failed" fi; Error. line 8: ' Solution: Looking for (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk miscellaneous doubts

Hi, I am having the following doubts on awk. Please clarify for me. a) What does it mean? awk '$1=$1' and how does it change if I append FS="" to the above code? b) What if I use awk -vFS="\n" (i.e) setting (input) field separator to newline char, then what will be the value of $0,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operators

Hi Lets say I have two arrays: VAR_1 = "File_A" "File_B" "File_C" "File_D" VAR_2 = "File_A" "File_D" Is there a simple command to get the difference of these list, i.e. VAR_1_2 = "File_B" "File_C" or do I have to write a script and loop through all elements and compare them one by one? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wernfried
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

operators in if loop

Hi all, I have a variable which is having the value like below, $ echo ${p} 8 15 22 30 $ My requirement is that the variable should return true when it contains only one number like below, $ echo ${p} 15 $ Otherwise, it should return false if it contains more than one number. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

9. Programming

Combining Operators

Hey everyone, I'm really getting into learning C, but as I look at more advanced example code, I see things like if (!*variable1) blah blah blah... and variable2 ^= *(variable1++); my question is, when you have a combination of two operators, like !*. The ! means 'not' and the *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)