Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who locked my id?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Who locked my id? Post 302413648 by jim mcnamara on Friday 16th of April 2010 01:10:26 PM
Old 04-16-2010
Question - have ever written any code with an embedded password or given your passwd to another programmer/user?

If you can answer yes, there is your problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root locked out

Hello all. I think I have a big problem. the /etc/passwd file got overwritten and now I can't su as root when I telnet into this machine. I am running yp on a different machine and tried to push the passwd file out to all machines, but it didn't help. I noticed that there is a passwd file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenWin Locked up

I have a server that is on solaris 9 and openwin is locked. The mouse won't respond and I can't seem to kill the openwin pid on the server.. Is there a command line to kill openwin from the server side? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphorton
2 Replies

3. AIX

locked a password

good morning just a confirmation, to lock a password for a user, we must to write 0 for password min age and password max age option ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

5. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

6. Programming

Port is locked

Hi, I am working with sun solaris sparc 5.9 and I want to use the serial port in my application..when I am trying to use it.it is throwing the message-- So how can I check the serial port is locked or not and how can I unlock the port?? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

7. AIX

User locked

hi, how to unlock the user,,, i want the command to unlock the user orbit..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have files that are locked up...

Here's the story: I had an LaCie Internet Space (1TB)... Recently the network (or software) functions of the device just died... I tried to access it via different routers, checking UTP, tried everything possible to rule out physical damage to components. Then i got the disk out of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SentinelX
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passwd getting locked

Hi, there is a password lock problem happening everyday at one of the servers(GNU RH-Linux;kernel release version 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5) for a particular user id which is an appln user id. Everyday it needs to be reset by the owner/unix user mgmt team. My suspicion was if any cronjob was running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
3 Replies
secolor.conf(5) 						File Formats Manual						   secolor.conf(5)

NAME
secolor.conf - The SELinux color configuration file DESCRIPTION
This optional file controls the color to be associated to the context components associated to the raw context passed by selinux_raw_con- text_to_color(3), when context related information is to be displayed in color by an SELinux-aware application. selinux_raw_context_to_color(3) obtains this color information from the active policy secolor.conf file as returned by selinux_col- ors_path(3). FILE FORMAT
The file format is as follows: color color_name = #color_mask [...] context_component string = fg_color_name bg_color_name [...] Where: color The color keyword. Each color entry is on a new line. color_name A single word name for the color (e.g. red). color_mask A color mask starting with a hash (#) that describes the hexadecimal RGB colors with black being #000000 and white being #ffffff. context_component The context component name that must be one of the following: user, role, type or range Each context_component string ... entry is on a new line. string This is the context_component string that will be matched with the raw context component passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3). A wildcard '*' may be used to match any undefined string for the user, role and type context_component entries only. fg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the foreground color. A color_mask may also be used. bg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the background color. A color_mask may also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #D2B48C user * = black white role * = white black type * = tan orange range s0-s0:c0.c1023 = black green range s1-s1:c0.c1023 = white green range s3-s3:c0.c1023 = black tan range s5-s5:c0.c1023 = white blue range s7-s7:c0.c1023 = black red range s9-s9:c0.c1023 = black orange range s15:c0.c1023 = black yellow Example 2 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #d2b48c user unconfined_u = #ff0000 green role unconfined_r = red #ffffff type unconfined_t = red orange user user_u = black green role user_r = white black type user_t = tan red user xguest_u = black yellow role xguest_r = black red type xguest_t = black green user sysadm_u = white black range s0:c0.c1023 = black white user * = black white role * = black white type * = black white SEE ALSO
selinux(8), selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), selinux_colors_path(3) SELinux API documentation 08 April 2011 secolor.conf(5)