Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Dream Job - Achieved
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Linux Dream Job - Achieved Post 302413616 by bluescreen on Friday 16th of April 2010 11:26:39 AM
Old 04-16-2010
That's great!! I've been working in Unix for most of my professional life and lately as a contractor. It's always good to find a spot where you actually like going to work M-F.

Congrads!! Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator?

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? How much does the Linux administrator suppose to earn nowadays? I notice that the IT wage scale has been dropping across the board in Canada so I wonder if Linux administrator enumeration is affected too. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Post to The UNIX and Linux Forums Job Board

The UNIX and Linux Job Board is a service provided by the The UNIX and Linux Forums to help employers connect with UNIX and Linux professionals. All proceeds from this service go towards supporting the forums. Please PM Neo or email with any questions about this service. Promotion A: $99 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Linux

how to run cron tab job on linux

Dear All many hosting companies do have provision of cron tab settings In case a web hosting company do not have such facility can I run cron tab job (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikaspa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix vs linux in the job place and other questions

hello all, im new to this site...and look forward to corresponding with you all. i am a microsoft kid (sad) currently i work on small networks and repair computers for home and business. i want to better my skill set...but dont want to carry on down the MS route. Basically i want to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j0n1n
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

At command for Linux job not working from php

I have a script .sh with a curl command in it: curl --digest "http://xxxxxxx.xxx/mail.php?email=xxxx@xxx.xx"; from terminal this works good : ./script.sh //(mail arrives in my box) from php this works good: shell_exec('./phpsc.sh'); // (mail arrives in my box) from terminal this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: extra93
13 Replies
passage(6)							       Games								passage(6)

NAME
passage - a game about the passage through life SYNOPSIS
passage DESCRIPTION
Passage is a video game written by Jason Rohrer about navigating the maze that is life and the obstacles, rewards, disappointments, chal- lenges, relationships and the inevitable departure that is part of the adventure of life. Passage is an art game. As a result, some people love it and some people hate it. Check out the links to places it has been discussed on the website for some of the reactions. The mechanics of the game are fairly simple. Your "score" is related to two things; exploration and treasure. Treasure pieces are repre- sented by blue stars that you find in the treasure chests scattered about the maze of life's challenges. Some chests will be empty, so you must learn which sequence of gems on the front of the chests means treasure is inside. You have the option to team up with a spouse. If you do, exploring life will be more rewarding but some treasure will no longer be reachable. As in life, your spouse will die and that death will slow you down. In the end, you will die alone after your 5 minutes is up. The most interesting part about this game is the emotions it evokes within the player of the game. The ultra-low-res pixel art helps here, by not being too distracting and by leaving plenty room for viewer interpretation. The followup to Passage is Gravitation, another art game by Jason Rohrer. USAGE
Passage has no command-line options. The arrow keys move the player around. The Esc key is used to quit the game. The game resolution and use of fullscreen or a window can be set by editing the files in /etc/passage. SEE ALSO
The website and discussion: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/ The game creators statement: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/passage/statement.html March 2008 passage(6)