Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bogus Total count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bogus Total count Post 302413573 by freddie999 on Friday 16th of April 2010 08:54:05 AM
Old 04-16-2010
Question Bogus Total count

I have a shell script that I am pulling different zip file packages and totaling how many of each type of package is in the directory. I get a bogus total count of one in the middle of my output file (highlighted in RED) and not sure why, also would like to get a grand total of all files but not sure how to do this any ideas?

N PKG.MortgageCreditScoreDisclosure
Total: 16

N PKG.MortgageAppraisalDelivery
Total: 6

N PKG.MortgageRegulationB
Total: 3

N PKG.MortgagePrivacyNotice
Total: 9

N PKG.MortgageDeclination
Total: 1

Total: 1

N PKG.MortgageCommitment
Total: 8

E PKG.Mortgage3DayDisclosure
Total: 7

N PKG.MortgageRateLock
Total: 6

Code:

Code:
CEOUTFILE1="C:/tmp/DLYPKGS.txt"

find . -mtime 0 -mtime -1 | tr -s '/','-' '^' | cut -f2,3 -d"^" | tr -s '^' ' ' |
awk '{arr[$0"\n" echo "Total:"]++} END {for(i in arr) { print"\n" i, arr[i]}} ' >> $CEOUTFILE1

any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Last edited by Franklin52; 04-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

total count of inodes in a mount

is there Any command to get total count and number of free inodes on a mount. please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count total file downloaded using FTP

Hi All, I'm developing a FTP script as below: ftp -v -n <IP_ADDRESS> << EOF user avery jSqaqUU2 lcd /directory/folder/ ascii prompt mget * bye EOF I would like to enhance the script to count the total file downloaded. For example, once the script run i want the message "Total <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cas553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Count using AWK

Hi Everybody, I have the following example file... 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1 199|TST-GURGAON|GURGAON|1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

total count of a word in the files

Hi Friends, Need help regarding counting the word "friend" in files test1.txt and test2.txt. ( there is no gap/space between word ) cat test1.txt himynameisrajandiamfriendofrajeshfriend wouldyouliketobemyfriend. cat test2.txt himynameisdostandiamfriendofdostfriend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total count of a word.

i want to find the no:of occurrences of a word in a file cat 1.txt unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix script unix unix script unix script unix script now i want to find , how many times 'unix' was occurred please help me thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In ls -l remove total count

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr i get 'total 10' like this along with files long listing. is there any option in ls command to remove this line or do we need use head -1 command only. $ls -ltr total 45 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 0 Jul 17 07:20 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc g1 744 May 9 12:10 a -rw-r--r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count total image in directory

Dear all, I have a directory consisted of files in .jpg, .jpeg etc..all of them are image 20140411030143_62811159403_92886.jpg 5/11/2014 15:01 197K 20140415024737_62811618747_116460.jpg 4/15/2014 14:47 17K 20140415031003_62811618747_109192.jpg 4/17/2014 15:10 17K... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count total duplicates

Hi all, I have found another post threads talking about count duplicate lines, but I am interested in obtain the total number of duplicates. For example: #file.txt a1 a2 a1 a3 a1 a2 a4 a5 #out 3 (lines are duplicates) Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikloz
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Reset MPxIO total path count

We recently moved our netapp disks onto new infrastructure by attaching the new controllers to our fibre switch and netapp migrating the disks. Disks kept the same address. We originally had 4 paths, but after attaching the new controllers we had 8. Now I want to remove the old paths. But can't. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garydeena
5 Replies
GPT-PKG(8)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						GPT-PKG(8)

NAME
gpt-pkg - Creates flavored binary packages out of an installation SYNOPSIS
gpt-pkg [options] packages Options: -verbose Print copious output -help Print usage -man Print man page. -version Print GPT version. -native Create native pkgs as well as GPT pkgs (RPMs only). -all Archive everything in the package directory.. -installdir=PATH Override $GLOBUS_LOCATION -pkgdir=PATH Directory to put the packages -rpmprefix=PATH Absolute path encoded in the RPM. -buildnumber=NUMBER Build number used for pgm_static packages -rpmlicense=LABEL License Label added to the RPM header [packages] List of packages to be archived DESCRIPTION
gpt-pkg Creates binary packages from an installation. The installation needs to contain GPT packaging data files. An installation is created by running gpt-build on a collection of source packages or bundles. FILES IN PGM PACKAGES
Installed files such as executables that are found in pgm and ptm_static packages will overwrite one another when multiple flavors of the same package are built by gpt-build. To preserve multiple flavors of these files, gpt-build copies them into flavored subdirectories. For example, the program $GLOBUS_LOCATION/bin/foo will be copied into the location $GLOBUS_LOCATION/bin/gcc32/shared if it was built with dynamically with the gcc32 flavor. gpt-pkg retrieves these files and copies them back to their proper location before packaging them. Thus gpt-pkg will also overwrite these files as it archives the different flavors of a pgm package. OPTIONS
-installdir Specify the directory in which the installed files currently live. If this argument is not supplied, the value of the environment variable GLOBUS_LOCATION is used instead. -all Packages all of the binaries in an installation. -native Creates a package in the native packaging format. Currently only rpm is supported. -rpmprefix=<path_to_installation> This should be set to the path to your GLOBUS_LOCATION. GPT will use a value of "/usr/grid" if this option is not specified. -rpmlicense=<label> Provides an alternate copyright label for the rpms. The default is whatever GPT was configured with. -verbose Prints out all of the build messages. -log=FILE Appends all of the build messages to FILE. This option also sets -verbose. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. pgm and pgm_static packages gpt-build copies the files for these packages in a flavored location because different flavors of these types of packages will conflict with each other. gpt-pkg restores these files when it packages pgm and pgm_static types. SEE ALSO
gpt-bundle(8) gpt-install(8) gpt-build(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <blau.mcs.anl.gov> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-PKG(8)