Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Dream Job - Achieved
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Linux Dream Job - Achieved Post 302413441 by chlordane on Thursday 15th of April 2010 06:11:27 PM
Old 04-15-2010
Linux Dream Job - Achieved

Several years ago, I posted a thread titled:

"Where are the UNIX Admin Jobs?"
https://www.unix.com/job-board/29954-...dmin-jobs.html

Well, I am happy to say that after being a phone jockey, and then being unemployed for 11 months, I am now working as a Linux Systems Administrator@HRsmart.

I am posting this as encouragement for others reaching for a goal, and hell, I'm excited too.

I don't plan to stop here, I am getting into Android Develoment, and working on certs since I have income and the company I work with will assist me.

So, anyone else working the job they love?

-chlordane

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator?

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? How much does the Linux administrator suppose to earn nowadays? I notice that the IT wage scale has been dropping across the board in Canada so I wonder if Linux administrator enumeration is affected too. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Post to The UNIX and Linux Forums Job Board

The UNIX and Linux Job Board is a service provided by the The UNIX and Linux Forums to help employers connect with UNIX and Linux professionals. All proceeds from this service go towards supporting the forums. Please PM Neo or email with any questions about this service. Promotion A: $99 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Linux

how to run cron tab job on linux

Dear All many hosting companies do have provision of cron tab settings In case a web hosting company do not have such facility can I run cron tab job (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikaspa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix vs linux in the job place and other questions

hello all, im new to this site...and look forward to corresponding with you all. i am a microsoft kid (sad) currently i work on small networks and repair computers for home and business. i want to better my skill set...but dont want to carry on down the MS route. Basically i want to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j0n1n
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

At command for Linux job not working from php

I have a script .sh with a curl command in it: curl --digest "http://xxxxxxx.xxx/mail.php?email=xxxx@xxx.xx"; from terminal this works good : ./script.sh //(mail arrives in my box) from php this works good: shell_exec('./phpsc.sh'); // (mail arrives in my box) from terminal this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: extra93
13 Replies
TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job - A single testing job. VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job; DESCRIPTION
Represents a single test 'job'. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $job = TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job->new( $filename, $description ); Given the filename and description of a test as scalars, returns a new TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job object. Instance Methods "on_finish" $self->on_finish(&method). Register a closure to be called when this job is destroyed. The callback will be passed the "TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job" object as it's only argument. "finish" $self->finish; Called when a job is complete to unlock it. If a callback has been registered with "on_finish", it calls it. Otherwise, it does nothing. Attributes $self->filename; $self->description; $self->context; These are all "getters" which return the data set for these attributes during object construction. "filename" "description" "context" "as_array_ref" For backwards compatibility in callbacks. "is_spinner" $self->is_spinner; Returns false indicating that this is a real job rather than a 'spinner'. Spinners are returned when the scheduler still has pending jobs but can't (because of locking) return one right now. perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)