Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filter record from a file reading another file Post 302413387 by gpaulose on Thursday 15th of April 2010 12:06:12 PM
Old 04-15-2010
This worked. Thanks to all of you who helped me Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoder24
Then you must modify like this

Code:
awk -F\| 'NR==FNR{f[$1,$2];next}($2SUBSEP$3 in f){print $1"|"$2"|"$6}' filter.txt record.txt

I never made the try with $2,$3 instead $2SUBSEP$3 but you can make the try Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in reading a record from the file

Hi Guys, I need to check whether the last column is RP, If so, then i have to second column and pass it to a select statement as sonid and fetch the value to a variable and run it. This has to be done till the last column is RW. value Fatherid sonid topid ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter record from a file

Reposting since I didnt not get any reply. I have a problem while filtering records from a file. Can somebody help please? For eg: Consider the below files Record file: 0003@00000000000190@20100401@201004012010040120100401@003@... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only comments while reading a file including line break characters.

How do I filter only comments and still keep Line breaks at the end of the line!? This is one of the common tasks we all do,, How can we do this in a right way..!? I try to ignore empty lines and commented lines using following approach. test.sh # \040 --> SPACE character octal... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk-filter record by another file

I have file1 3049 3138 4672 22631 45324 112382 121240 125470 130289 186128 193996 194002 202776 228002 253221 273523 284601 284605 641858 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biomed
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File:Filter duplicate records from column1 & another column having unique record

Hi Experts, I have csv file with 30, 40 columns Pasting just 2 column for problem description. Need to print error if below combination is not present in file check for column-1 (DocumentNumber) and filter columns where value in DocumentNumber field is same. For all such rows, the field... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
7 Replies
lqf(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    lqf(4)

Name
       lqf - general purpose letter quality filter

Syntax
       /usr/lib/lpdfilters/lqf [-c] [-nlogin] [-hhost] [-wwidth] [-lnum] [-iindent]  [accounting file]

Description
       The  filter  is	used  to  filter  text	data  destined for a letter quality printer, specifically the lqp02, but will work with any impact
       printer: LP25, LP26, LP27, LA50, LA75, LA100, LA120, LA210, and LG01. The filter allows escape characters and  control  sequences  to  pass
       through	to the printer.  The filter handles the device dependencies of the printers and performs accounting functions.	Accounting records
       are written to the file specified by the af field in at the time of completion for each job.

The filter can handle plain ASCII files and files that have been preprocessed by However, it ignores  escape  sequences	requesting  super-
       scripting and subscripting.

The  filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the file.  For further information, see printcap 5 .  When both
       fields are specified, the of filter is used only to print the banner page.  It is then stopped  to  allow  the  if  filter  access  to  the
       printer. The if filter maintains accounting information.

If the of field is the only one specified, the filter is used to print the banner page.	It is then stopped and restarted.  This allows the
       of filter to be used to maintain accounting information.

If the if field is the only one specified, the banner page will be sent directly to the printer. This is not  a	problem  for  most  impact
       printers.  For a more detailed discussion on filters see the ``Line Printer Spooler Manual'' in The Supplementary Documents.

Options
       The arguments passed to the filter depend on its use.  The of filter is called with the following arguments:

lqf -wwidth -llength
	      The  width and length values come from the pw and pl fields in the database. The if (or restarted of) filter is passed the following
	      arguments:

lqf -c -nlogin -hhost -wwidth -lnum -iindent  accounting file

The -c flag is optional, and supplied only when control characters are to be printed, that is, when the -l option  of  lpr(1)  is  used	to
       print the file.	The -w and -l arguments are the same as for the of filter. However, they may have different values if the -w or -z options
       of were used to print the file.	The -n and -h arguments specify the login name and host name of the job owner.	These arguments  are  used
       to  record  accounting  information.  The  -i  option  specifies the amount of indentation to be used. The last argument is the name of the
       accounting file specified from the af field in the database.

Diagnostics
       The lf field (default "/dev/null") in the database specifies error logging file name.

Files
       Printer Capabilities Database

See Also
	      lpr(1), pr(1), printcap(5), lpd(8), MAKEDEV(8), pac(8)
	      Line Printer Spooler Manual

lqf(4)