Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to match a numers from file1 to file 2??Ps help me.. Post 302413207 by Nila on Thursday 15th of April 2010 02:00:29 AM
Old 04-15-2010
Try this,

Code:
use strict;
use warnings;
use Data::Dumper;

open FH1,"file" or die "Can't open the file $!";
open FH2,"file1" or die "Can't open the file $!";
open OUTPUT,"+>output_file" or die "Can't open the file $!";

while (<FH1>)
{
        my $line=$_;

while (<FH2>)
        {
                my ($a,$b,$c)=split(' ');
                if($c == $line)
                {
                        print OUTPUT $_ ;
                }

}
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match value from file1 in file2

Hi, i've two files (file1, file2) i want to take value (in column1) and search in file2 if the they match print the value from file2. this is what i have so far. awk 'FILENAME=="file1"{ arr=$1 } FILENAME=="file2" {print $0} ' file1 file2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myguess21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match one column of file1 with that of file2

Hi, I have file1 like this aaa ggg ddd vvv eeeand file2 aaa 2 aaa 443 xxx 76 aaa 34 ggg 33 wee 99 ggg 33 ddd 1 ddd 10 ddd 98 sds 23 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on column in file1, find match in file2 and print matching lines

file1: file2: I need to find matches for any lines in file1 that appear in file2. Desired output is '>' plus the file1 term, followed by the line after the match in file2 (so the title is a little misleading): This is honestly beyond what I can do without spending the whole night on it, so I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match part of string in file2 based on column in file1

I have a file containing texts and indexes. I need the text between (and including ) INDEX and number "1" alone in line. I have managed this: awk '/INDEX/,/1$/{if (!/1$/)print}' file1.txt It works for all indexes. And then I have second file with years and indexes per year, one per line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoebus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to select some column from file1 if condition match.

I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. want to print some column(number,status,date1,date2,description(descrption column end before category column start with'Oracle Services') and assigned_to column from file1.txt ...If the assigned_to name in file2.txt matches with assinged_to name in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match single line in file1 to groups of lines in file2

I have two files. File 1 is a two-column index file, e.g. comp11084_c0_seq6:130-468(-) comp12746_c0_seq3:140-478(+) comp11084_c0_seq3:201-539(-) comp12746_c0_seq2:191-529(+) File 2 is a sequence file with headers named with the same terms that populate file 1. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print sequences from file2 based on match to, AND in same order as, file1

I have a list of IDs in file1 and a list of sequences in file2. I can print sequences from file2, but I'm asking for help in printing the sequences in the same order as the IDs appear in file1. file1: EN_comp12952_c0_seq3:367-1668 ES_comp17168_c1_seq6:1-864 EN_comp13395_c3_seq14:231-1088... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match file1 and extract specific tag values

File2 is tab-delimeted and I am trying to use $2 in file1 (space delimeted) as a search term in file2. If it is found then the AF= in and the FDP= values from file2 are extracted and printed next to the file1 line. I commented the awk before I added the lines in bold the current output resulted. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PERLIO(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 PERLIO(1)

NAME
APR:PerlIO -- An APR Perl IO layer SYNOPSIS
use APR::PerlIO (); sub handler { my $r = shift; open my $fh, ">:APR", $filename, $r or die $!; # work with $fh as normal $fh close $fh; return Apache::OK; } DESCRIPTION
"APR::PerlIO" implements a Perl IO layer using APR's file manipulation as its internals. Why do you want to use this? Normally you shouldn't, probably it won't be faster than Perl's default layer. It's only useful when you need to manipulate a filehandle opened at the APR side, while using Perl. Normally you won't call open() with APR layer attribute, but some mod_perl functions will return a filehandle which is internally hooked to APR. But you can use APR Perl IO directly if you want. METHODS
Perl Interface: open() To use APR Perl IO to open a file the four arguments open() should be used. For example: open my $fh, ">:APR", $filename, $r or die $!; where: the second argument is the mode to open the file, constructed from two sections separated by the ":" character: the first section is the mode to open the file under (>, <, etc) and the second section must be a string APR. the fourth argument can be a "Apache::RequestRec" or "Apache::ServerRec" object. the rest of the arguments are the same as described by the open() manpage. seek() seek($fh, $offset, $whence); If $offset is zero, "seek()" works normally. However if $offset is non-zero and Perl has been compiled with with large files support ("-Duselargefiles"), whereas APR wasn't, this function will croak. This is because largefile size "Off_t" simply cannot fit into a non-largefile size "apr_off_t". To solve the problem, rebuild Perl with "-Uuselargefiles". Currently there is no way to force APR to build with large files support. The C interface provides functions to convert between Perl IO and APR Perl IO filehandles. SEE ALSO
The perliol(1), perlapio(1) and perl(1) manpages. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-05 PERLIO(1)