Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Couple of quick IP Routing questions Post 302413135 by nzeidat on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 04:44:56 PM
Old 04-14-2010
Lightbulb Couple of quick IP Routing questions

Hi
1) Is the MIB II table that can be accessed through the function m2IpRouteTblEntryGet() the same as the IP Routing table that the IP layer uses to do its routing work?
2) Is there a set of API functions, other than m2IpRouteTblEntryGet(), that are available to access entries in the IP Routing table?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Attn! A couple quick questions about Linux [Help]

Hi guys!! I was wondering if you can help me with a couple quick questions in order for me to understand it better... Any help would be appreciated and i would like to say thanks!! In advanced... Ok here goes... (I think these are pretty basic, but i just want to clarify) 1. What would be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
2 Replies

2. Debian

A couple of grub questions.

1) After I install a new kernel in Debian Sarge, it updates my menu.lst file for grub, but incorrectly. It assumes it should boot from partition hd0,0, but this is incorrect. How do I change this faulty assumption? 2) If grub fails to find a kernel, grub allows me to enter a path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Couple of questions.

Right now I am a Microfocus COBOL programmer, working on a HP-UX system. I want to now get Certified as a HP Certified Systems Administrator. I ordered a book from amazon and will start with it. I also will be working at my job with someone who applies the patches and things as we do NOT have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie21
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Couple logadm questions

My logadm.conf is below. Is there a way to match a log file that appends the time/date stamp after the log file? Also, a 0 is being appended onto the files I'm compressing and having rotated. Is there a way to fix that? /var/apache/tomcat55/logs/catalina.out -C 30 -P 'Fri Jun 18 16:48:55... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couple of newbie Unix questions

I entered a command at the prompt and it's interactive (not background). It gathers some stats and writes them to a file. I want to see this job running and what it's doing - I/O especially and maybe CPU and stuff. What can do to see this (say using a second session?) I know it's a long job but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couple of questions wth grep/sort

I have different things that I was trying to do but am kind of struggling with this since I'm a Linux noob. The backround is that I have two files with student names in the same directory, and each file lists the student name, their major and their grade level. What is the most efficient way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybeer
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 TRUNCATE(1)