Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple jobs reading from same file Post 302413114 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 03:14:32 PM
Old 04-14-2010
You can run jobs in the background. If you have the tasks

- in separate scripts:

Code:
./script1 &
./script2 &

- as functions in a script:

Code:
your_function1 &
your_function2 &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Storing Multiple Files and reading each line in each file.

How would I go about storing multiple file paths in a directory that begin like: 20080402* and run a loop that reads each line of each file thats in a given directory. So far this is what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo "ENTER Reprint Date (YYYYMMDD): " read ReprintDate echo ""... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re : Set multiple cron jobs in one crontab file

Hello All, Hopw all is fine. I am newbie to Unix. I am using Bourne Shell (sh). One of the question I have is that I am trying to read XML file and based on reading that XML file I want to run different java programs at different hours. Meaning 05 14 * * * java ./program1 10 14 * * * java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samshaw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore single or multiple lines between /* and */ while reading from a file in unix?

I have a file proc.txt: if @debug = 1 then message 'Start Processing ', @procname, dateformat(now(*), 'hh:mm:ss'), @julian type info to client; end if; /* execute immediate with quotes 'insert into sys_suppdata (property, value, key_name) location ''' || @supp_server || '.' ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidncute
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading file with multiple conditions

Hi Am trying to print the PIDs of process in a file and trying to grep any PID from that file I set the if condition as $value != "PID" and $value != "-" Assign that number to a variable Am confused since am using while loop to read the line from file and again if condition to check those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple directories and file from them

Hello I'm making script for Dallas temperature sensors (DS1820). When a sensor is connected, it shows up as a directory in /sys/bus/w1/devices in format 10-xxxxxxx. Inside the directory is a file called w1_slave which holds the temperature in format t=xxxxx. Each sensor has unique... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klipeti
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple lines in a file

Hello, I am new in shell scripting. I need help regarding following. I have 4 files generated by backups daily. I have stored the names of these 4 files into one file. i.e I have 4 files names as a, b, c & d and these names have been put into one file abcd.txt. Now I want to cat each file in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file and run multiple jobs

I have a txt file line1 line2 line3 $!/bin/sh cat /tmp/lus.txt | while read line do esxcli storage vmfs unmap -u $lin -n 4000 done this works but does in one line at a time. how do I do all lines at once simutaeously? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
4 Replies
GANT(1) 							   User Commands							   GANT(1)

NAME
Gant - Groovy build framework based on scripting Ant tasks DESCRIPTION
usage: gant [option]* [target]* -c,--usecache Whether to cache the generated class and perform modified checks on the file before re-compilation. -n,--dry-run Do not actually action any tasks. -D <name>=<value> Define <name> to have value <value>. Creates a variable named <name> for use in the scripts and a property named <name> for the Ant tasks. -P,--classpath <path> Adds a path to search for jars and classes. -T,--targets Print out a list of the possible targets. -V,--version Print the version number and exit. -d,--cachedir <cache-file> The directory where to cache generated classes to. -f,--gantfile <build-file> Use the named build file instead of the default, build.gant. -h,--help Print out this message. -l,--gantlib <library> A directory that contains classes to be used as extra Gant modules, -p,--projecthelp Print out a list of the possible targets. -q,--quiet Do not print out much when executing. -s,--silent Print out nothing when executing. -v,--verbose Print lots of extra information. SEE ALSO
groovy(1) groovyc(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was generated using help2man and edited by Varun Hiremath <varun@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Gant version 1.1.0 February 2008 GANT(1)