Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: APAR fix on AIX 53tl9
Operating Systems AIX APAR fix on AIX 53tl9 Post 302413064 by daveisme on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 11:49:05 AM
Old 04-14-2010
APAR fix on AIX 53tl9

We have tried to install an APAR fix IZ20298 on a AIX test server. It is requiring a base level of bos.adt.prof of 5.3.0.0 I cannot find this file anywhere. I fould 5.3.0.1 and it still will not install without the base install. Any ideas where I can find bos.adt.prof 5.3.0.0?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

If the AIX need reboot after install fix pack or APAR?

After install fix pack or APAR, if aix need reboot? if not, do we need stop database and all applications before we install fix pack or APAR? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

2. AIX

install apar on aix53

Hi All, I was installing apar CVE-2008-0122 on my freshly test aix53. I followed the ibm site and run this 'installp -a -d libc_ifix -X all' and got this +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Pre-installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

4. AIX

how to read an APAR descr

please look at: IBM - IZ54713: SYSCALL BUFFER OVERFLOW VULNERABILITY how does this vague messages mean and what can I expect? Closed as program error. ? Status CLOSED PER ? PE NoPE ? HIPER NoHIPER ? regards,Raba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
2 Replies

5. AIX

Remove APAR number from aix 5.3

Hi... Can i remove one APAR number from aix5.3.. If it is possible how to do.. Thanks.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to install AIX Fix Pack 5300-06-06-0811

Hi All, I have this fix for AIX (5300-06-06-0811) and i need to install it. How can i do this? What are the prerequisites for this fix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucaxvu
1 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to remove APAR -- any solution ?

Hello I would like to remove the APARs # instfix -ivk IY68989 IY68989 Abstract: write to mmapped space hangs Fileset bos.mp:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. Fileset bos.mp64:5.3.0.30 is applied on the system. All filesets for IY68989 were found. # instfix -ivk IY73497 IY73497... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Fix Pack update

Hi All, i'm try to update my aix 6100.06.05 to 6100.07.00. i download the 4,5 GB of FixPack buy i don't have a required package (devices.chrp.pci.rte 6.1.7.0) This package does not exist on the fix pack (i've check in the .toc file and in the .bff files) On ibm website i see that this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

9. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to fix the CPU bound issues on AIX?

Hi All, Can you please answer my question. i see lot of CPU utilization on AIX LPARs. i am able to find the cause of the probelm. But i do not know how to mitigate or fix the problem. for instance, i found the process which is consuming most of CPU. i informed the responsible team. how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
7 Replies
BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)					       AFS Command Reference					      BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)

NAME
bos_setrestricted - place a server in restricted mode SYNOPSIS
bos setrestricted -server <machine name> -mode 1 [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The bos restricted command places the server in restricted mode. This mode increases the security of the bos server by removing access to a number of bos commands that are only used whilst configuring a system. When a server is in restricted mode, access to bos_exec, bos uninstall, bos install, bos create, bos install, bos delete, bos prune is denied, and the use of bos getlog is limited. CAUTIONS
Once a server has been placed in restricted mode, it may not be opened up again using a remote command. That is, bos setrestricted has no method of setting an unrestricted mode. Once a server is restricted, it can only be opened up again by sending it a SIGFPE, which must be done as root on the local machine. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine to restrict. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged in as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. As noted above, this command cannot be run against servers which are already in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
bos(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Simon Wilkinson for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)