Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connecting to ORACLE through SHELL Post 302413011 by fidelis on Wednesday 14th of April 2010 08:43:50 AM
Old 04-14-2010
still same outputs......i mean same errors....no changes with that too.... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to a Oracle Db using SunOS

Hi Guys, how do I connect to a Oracle Database from my machines running on Solaris 5 and 9. Do I need a Oracle client installed or is there any other way to connect to the Oracle Db without using the oracle client? Any inputs will be highly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darmat0712
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle from Shell..What Am I doing Wrong

I have the following code in my shell script. . /apps/oracli/xxxxx/xxxx/oraEnv.9.2.0 sqlplus -s $DB_USER/$DB_PWD@$DB_NAME > xx.html <<EOF I am passing DBuser and DBname from a config file and the password from user. Config File : export DB_USER=xxx; export DB_NAME=xxx; I am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzyr4tt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab

Hi, I have problems with running shell script connecting to Oracle from the crontab. Here is the script: #!/sbin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ export ORACLE_HOME if then echo "Source path is not specified" exit fi /opt/oracle/10g/bin/sqlplus user/pass@testdb << EOF truncate table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting CA::Autosys to oracle DB

Hi :), I have installed CA Autosys in my Unix system. It contains 3 ( .pm ) files namely AutoSys.pm, Job.pm, Status.pm ....... in a directory CA. Am trying to work with autosys for first time. Please guide in how do i connect autosys to oracle DB in my system. My oracle db name is XE.. Thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database

Hai i want to connect to oracle database from user input and create a view. ${ECHO} "Debut Creating View" ${ECHO} "Please Enter the User Name:" read user_name ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Connection String:" read con_string ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Password:" read pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Connecting to Oracle database

Hi guys, long time no typing :D I have problems when I try to connect to Oracle database from SQL Developer which is located on my Windows box. Server is running Solaris 11/11 and Oracle 11 enterprise. I can log in locally with sys account to database, start it up and shut it down but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD