Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Empty buffer when is full
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Empty buffer when is full Post 302412838 by Corona688 on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 04:24:27 PM
Old 04-13-2010
What do you mean by buffer?

If by buffer you mean file, you could:

Code:
( telnet 10.99.246.14 6001 | split -a 4 -d -l 5000 - output. )

This will produce output.0000, output.0001, etc. split apart every 5000 lines. You can delete the old files and it will continue making new ones.

---------- Post updated at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:15 PM ----------

Actually, it can be far simpler. 'echo > output.txt' will clear it out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my buffer empty in vi?

this question is probably trivial to most of you but i do not have the answer. the task is simple... yank 7 lines of text from one file and paste them to another so while in command mode i enter "b7yy and i get 7 lines yanked exit vi with :q! open the new file while in command mode i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find empty folders without using -empty

hi all: my solaris FIND does not support find myFolder -type d -empty how can i find the empty folders? thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasse
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect_out(buffer) empty

I have only some info into my buffer, but after a rssi command I see the folowing lines expected into buffer but not present : rssi=-106 rssi=-109 I see in my buffer only the first part of the output, here you are a part of script : #!/usr/bin/expect -f #global expect_out match_max 10000000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ugobale
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT help with full buffer(?), or other available solutions

First, to level set: I'm proficient enough with basic BASH scripting for simple things (say, 4 out of 10), but this current project really requires a higher understanding of EXPECT than I have. I have an interactive-only control application residing locally on a database server that I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toeharp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if Queue empty or full in perl

Hi, I got problem with queue code how to determined empty and full and problem with while loop Here is my pseudo code : Input page Access Input Pgae Frame For i =3 to pageframe count by 1 construct queue of size i set pageFaultCount to 0 while morepages do page = NextPage... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

8. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux