Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with server/directory sync Post 302412804 by kodak on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 02:07:12 PM
Old 04-13-2010
You want to investigate the -u option for rsync, it sounds like what you're looking for.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. SuSE

unable to sync the time with ntp server

Hi folks, The server time is no tgetiing synched up with the NTP server. I tried ntpdate -u <ipadress> this is not working. please help out. regards, Sag. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sync Time/date with NTP server

Hello all, What would be the most convienint and proper way on syncing up the time and date on Solaris 8 servers with an NTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sync files between unix client and windows 2003 server

Hi everybody... I want to sync files between unix client machine and windows 2003 server machine. I thought of using Cygwin for windows server and then rsync between two to sync files, but have come to know that might be Cygwin will not be able to handle multiple clients request.... Can any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To sync folder for 3 server and all 3 is master

I have 3 server with same folder name and path in it /home/test. But the data in folder quantity is not same for 3 of them and I want to sync the data inside the each folder to be equal. Its not like master and client, but looks like all three server is master to copy to each other. 1- Can rsync... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sync directory

Hi, I have directory name as TEST on server1 and same directory TEST on server2 now i need to using these directories as new directories and files will be generated by application in TEST directory daily. I dont have rsync package on server. My approach is by lists all sub-directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
1 Replies

8. Linux

Questions about the NTP time server sync

Hi folks, I have developed a Linux server for my customer. After migrating the server to my customer site, I was trying to sync its time to the NTP time servers at my customer site. Below is the ntp.conf: % vi /etc/ntp.conf # Permit time synchronization with our time source, but do not # permit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN main directory sync

I'm quite new to SVN and having configured it based on tutorials from youtube etc, I have it setup like below: * User1 and User2 can commit and update using their own passwords, * Updates from both user1 and user2 are visible to each other * files are shared between both user1 and user2 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies
librsync(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       librsync(3)

NAME
librsync - library for delta compression of streams SYNOPSYS
#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <librsync.h> cc ... -lrsync DESCRIPTION
The librsync library implements network delta-compression of streams and files. The algorithm is similar to that used in the rsync(1) and xdelta(2) programs, but specialized for transfer of arbitrary-length octet streams. Unlike most diff programs, librsync does not require access to both of the files on the same machine, but rather only a short ``signature'' of the old file and the complete contents of the new file. The canonical use of librsync is in the rproxy(8) reference implementation of the rsync proposed extension to HTTP. It may be useful to other programs which wish to do delta-compression in HTTP, or within their own protocol. There are HTTP-specific utility functions within librsync, but they need not be used. A number of tools such as rdiff(1) provide command-line and scriptable access to rsync functions. SEE ALSO
rdiff(1) rdiff and librsync Manual http://rproxy.sourceforge.net/. draft-pool-rsync BUGS
The rsync protocol is still evolving. There may be bugs in the implementation. The interface may change in the future, but it is becoming more stable. Many routines will panic in case of error rather than returning an error code to the caller. Patches to fix this are welcome, but at the current state of development aborting seems as useful as trusting to possibly-incomplete checking in the client. AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org>, with Andrew Tridgell <tridge@samba.org>. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. Martin Pool $Date: 2003/06/12 06:03:32 $ librsync(3)