Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $OPTARG changes commandline input Post 302412697 by bsnithin on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 09:13:43 AM
Old 04-13-2010
Hello,

You can get count of command line arguments using $# variable. Sample code

Code:
if [ $# -gt 1 ]
then
 echo "Only one argument can be provided to $0" ;
 exit 1 ;
else
 #your desired coding
 echo "Continue" ;
fi

-Nithin.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of optarg

Hello Friends, I need to pass arguments to a shell scripts. but for this i need to take the arguments only if they are supplied to the script as arguments. Like : Prompt > scriptname -d device_cd -s message so how do i capture these arguments ?> i think we have to use optarg.but i dont... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

2. Programming

command line option: optarg

Hi I'm learning how to add in programm another option by command line. For example in the "my_prog" i want to add a " -k " option and then write a number. I mean: my_prog -k 50 and the i should use the number 50. I'm reading about getopt_long and optarg, and what i have done in the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

OPTARG is not taking SPACE

Hi I have below code in one of my shell script: if ; then fail $USAGE; fi while getopts hz:r:t:dz: o do case "$o" in h) echo $USAGE ; exit 0;; r) export REQ_ID="$OPTARG";; t) TIMESPAN="$OPTARG";; d) detail="true";; ) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in commandline

Hi, I am using curl to hit a url using http in solaris 10 using commandline, I want to transfer an attachment(using multipart curl -F) also as a part of the request. If anyone has used kindly help me with the syntax. I am using below command: /usr/local/bin/curl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishmaha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass date range into optarg

here is the code echo begin while getopts 1:2:3:4: mode do case $mode in 1)echo "You have chosen mode1" case $OPTARG in a) echo "User Specified Date Range" rangelist.sh ;; b) echo "user specified month and year";; ?) echo "Default, Current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking commandline

mymk target How to check is on commandline or no? Cannot to find out ;( Know that I need to use if.....new in shell sorry Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manueldo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] getopts, OPTARG is passed but empty

EDIT: -- SOLVED -- Heyas, Getting used to optargs, but by far not understanding it. So i have that script that shall be 'changeable', trying to use the passed arguments to modify the script visuals. Passing: browser -t test -d sect $HOME Where -t should change the title, and -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts - space in argument (OPTARG)

Hi, I want to capture space as well from the argument eg: script.ksh -m "Message from xyz" -e "email@xyz.com" script.ksh -m 'Message from xyz' -e 'email@xyz.com' I am parsing using getopts, but for option "m" OPTARG is returning only "Message". Please use code tags next time for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
9 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)