Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in reading "df" results
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat help in reading "df" results Post 302412666 by manustone on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 07:31:18 AM
Old 04-13-2010
help in reading "df" results

Hi All
I am newbie to RED HAT and I am trying to check the disk space I have available doing "df -h".

The result is reported below.
Do you know how to understand which line is the one telling how many Gb remain in my physical hard disk?
I know that probably my Network Admin mounted something as using some networked kind of disk but I don't know how to reckon it readnig these lines.
Is there any specific command giving me this information
Thanks all
MNST

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       71G   27G   40G  41% /
/dev/sda1              99M   11M   83M  12% /boot
tmpfs                1005M     0 1005M   0% /dev/shm
netapp2:/vol/vol1     356G  258G   99G  73% /mnt/vol1

Last edited by pludi; 04-13-2010 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confused over results using "tee" in piped command

First post here, so hopefully all guidelines are followed, and thanks in advance for any replies. I'm working on a shell script(BASH) that processes a csv file and performs various tasks with the data. All is well, except I want to use 'tee' to send output from 'wc' to a file as well as pipe it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzmusic
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
gfs2_quota(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     gfs2_quota(8)

NAME
gfs2_quota - Manipulate GFS2 disk quotas SYNOPSIS
gfs2_quota <list|sync|get|limit|warn|check|init|reset> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
gfs2_quota is used to examine and change quota values in a GFS2 filesystem. This command has a number of different actions. GFS2 introduced a new linked list format for the quotas in the quota file. This list format allows for faster list, check and init opera- tions. Older GFS2 quota files may be migrated to this newer format using the gfs2_quota reset command. ACTIONS
list List the contents of the quota file. Only IDs that have a non-zero hard limit, warn limit, or value are printed. sync Sync any local quota changes to the quota file. get Get the current data for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument. limit Set the current hard limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem won't let the user or group use more than this much space. A value of zero here means that no limit is enforced. warn Set the current warn limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem will start complaining to the user or group when more than this much space is used. A value of zero here means that the user won't ever be warned. check Scan a filesystem and make sure that what's out there on the disk matches what's in the quota file. This is only accurate if the filesystem is idle when this is running. If there is a mismatch, it is printed to stdout. Note: GFS2 quotas are transactional and a quota check is not needed every time there is a system crash. init Scan a filesystem and initialize the quota file with the values obtained from the scan. The filesystem should be idle when this is run. You should only need to do this if you upgrade a pre-quota GFS2 filesystem (pre-GFS2 5.1). reset The reset operation will truncate the quota file and all quota information (values, limits, warnings) will be lost. All quota lim- its and warnings will have to be reassigned after this operation. OPTIONS
-b The units for disk space are filesystem blocks. -f Directory Specifies which filesystem to perform the action on. -g GID Specifies the group ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the group name from the group file, or the GID number. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -k The units for disk space are kilobytes. -l Size Specifies the new value for the limit or warn actions. The value is assumed to be in the units specified by the -m, -k, -s, -b arguments. The default is megabytes. -m The units for disk space are megabytes. This is the default. -n Don't try to resolve UIDs and GIDs into user and group names. -s The units for disk space are sectors (512-byte blocks). -u UID Specifies the user ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the username from the password file, or the UID number. -V Print program version information, then exit. EXAMPLE
To set the hard limit for user "nobody" to 1048576 kilobytes on filesystem /gfs20 gfs2_quota limit -l 1048576 -k -u nobody -f /gfs20 gfs2_quota(8)