Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh Post 302412628 by Artur Zaworski on Tuesday 13th of April 2010 04:50:36 AM
Old 04-13-2010
Here you are:

Code:
sed 's|verilog_path_comes|'$path_verilog'|g'

Regards,
-Artur.

Last edited by Franklin52; 04-13-2010 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable with a user defined variable

I have a file that has a list of entries in a column x z z z x y z The column can have any length and any number of any strings. I need to replace each unique string with a user defined number. I can filter the unique entries out using awk '{if (NF==5) print $2}' file | uniq | nl >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ce124
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NobluesFDT
3 Replies

3. AIX

External Snapshot using previously defined lv

I prefer to assign my own lv names rather than the automatic LV creation that the snapshot Can it be done or is IBM's man page flawed? I am on AIX 6.1 TL 04 Machine type 9133-55A All local SCSI storage. I manually create the lv and attempt to create the snapshot: # mklv -y snapfs99... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a pattern across all file and replace it to all files.

Hi All, HP-UX oradev3 B.11.11 U 9000/800 I have few files, which contain texts. Now I need to search a pattern across all files and replace to that pattern with new one. For example, I have following files they have, which contain something like abc@abc.com, now I need to search text acorss... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutli line pattern search & replace in a xml file

Hello guys, I need your help for a specific sed command that would search for a multi line pattern and if found, would replace it by another multi line pattern. For instance, here is the input: <RefNickName>abcd</RefNickName> <NickName>efgh</NickName> <Customize> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xciteddd
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable search and line count between variable-search pattern

Input: |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:48:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:49:54 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:54:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:55:45 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:00:02 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:01:44 BST 2016... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Search for a pattern and replace a space at specific position with a Character in File

In file, we have millions of records each of 1000 in length. And at specific position say 800 there is a space, we need to replace it with Character X if the ID in that row starts with 123. So far i have used the below which is replacing space at that position to X but its not checking for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagmeet Singh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a particular pattern when the pattern is defined in a variable?

I have a file Line 1 a Line 22 Line 33 Line 1 b Line 22 Line 1 c Line 4 Line 5 I want to delete all lines before last occurrence of a line which contains something which is defined in a variable. Say a variable var contains 'Line 1', then I need the following in the output. ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
21 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)