Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing Bash variable to javascript Post 302412490 by alister on Monday 12th of April 2010 06:29:33 PM
Old 04-12-2010
http headers are supposed to be \r\n terminated, not just \n (which is what your echo statements are doing). Probably unrelated to your javascript question, but it may save you debugging time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variable inside another variable.

Any help would be great. I know this is a dumb way of doing this, but I would like to know if there is a solution doing it this way. I'm very new at this and I'd like to learn more. Thanks! :D:D count=0 while ; do echo "enter your name" read name_$count let count=count+1 done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reconflux
2 Replies

4. Web Development

JavaScript variable interpolation

Hi everybody, Firstly, this would be the first time I'm using JavaScript. My background is mainly Perl. Nevertheless, here's my problem. So I've created a function function linkout(url){ setTimeout("window.open(url)",5000) //in milliseconds } However because the variable "url" is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Help with passing HTML values in to JavaScript

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I am creating a cheat sheet for co-workers. The concept is that you pick wire size and conduit size and the amount of wires that will fit is displayed. I haven't used alot of drop downs and can't quite figure out the way the get id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with passing Variable from bash to awk gsub command

Would really appreciate it if someone could point out my mistake in this line of code, i've been staring blankly at it trying everything i can think of some time now and coming up with nothing. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Username" read Username awk -F: -v var=${Username} '/^var:/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostyx
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string as variable(s) in bash

I'm trying to write a basic bash script that takes input you give (what directory, if any, what name, if any ....) and passes the information to find. I'm trying to just create a string with all variables and then pass it to find. So far I have this extremely simple: #!/bin/bash -f ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from bash to perl script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable from bash script to perl script and in the perl script i am using those variables in the sql query but its giving error : Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"COUNTRYCD"} in concatenation (.) or string at /GIS_ROOT/custom/tables/DBread_vendor.pl line 50. Can ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NileshJ
6 Replies

10. Web Development

Passing variable from PHP to bash script

I am totally new to PHP and I am trying to create a script that will as a user for a hostname and then use the "hostname" variable to generate a report using REST API. I am able to create the html script and php script to GET the "hostname" but I am having trouble passing the hostname variable... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
10 Replies
javascript(3tcl)					  HTML and Java Script Generation					  javascript(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
javascript - Procedures to generate HTML and Java Script structures. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require javascript ?1.0.2? ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ::javascript package provides commands that generate HTML and Java Script code. These commands typically return an HTML string as their result. In particular, they do not output their result to stdout. ::javascript::makeSelectorWidget id leftLabel leftValueList rightLabel rightValueList rightNameList ?length? ?minWidth? Construct HTML code to create a dual-multi-selection megawidget. This megawidget consists of two side-by-side multi-selection boxes separated by a left arrow and a right arrow button. The right arrow button moves all items selected in the left box to the right box. The left arrow button moves all items selected in the right box to the left box. The id argument is the suffix of all HTML objects in this megawidget. The leftLabel argument is the text that appears above the left selection box. The leftValueList argu- ment is the values of items in the left selection box. The leftNameList argument is the names to appear in the left selection box. The rightLabel argument is the text that appears above the right selection box. The rightValueList argument is the values of items in the right selection box. The rightNameList argument is the names to appear in the right selection box. The length argument (optional) determines the number of elts to show before adding a vertical scrollbar; it defaults to 8. The minWidth argument (optional) is the number of spaces to determine the minimum box width; it defaults to 32. ::javascript::makeSubmitButton name value Create an HTML submit button that resets a hidden field for each registered multi-selection box. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. ::javascript::makeProtectedSubmitButton name value msg Create an HTML submit button that prompts the user with a continue/cancel shutdown warning before the form is submitted. The name argument is the name of the HTML button object to create. The value argument is the label of the HTML button object to create. The msg argument is the message to display when the button is pressed. ::javascript::makeMasterButton master value slavePattern boolean Create an HTML button that sets its slave checkboxs to the boolean value. The master argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The value argument is the value of the master. The slaves argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. The boolean argument is the java script boolean value that will be given to all the slaves; it must be "true" or "false". ::javascript::makeParentCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its child checkbox. If the parent is unchecked, the child is automatically unchecked. The parentName argument is the name of parent html checkbox object to create. The childName argument is the name of the parent's child html checkbox object. ::javascript::makeChildCheckbox parentName childName Create an HTML checkbox and tie its value to that of its parent checkbox. If the child is checked, the parent is automatically checked. The parentName argument is the name of the child's parent html checkbox object. The childName argument is the name of child html checkbox object to create. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category javascript of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
html, ncgi KEYWORDS
checkbox, html, javascript, selectionbox, submitbutton CATEGORY
CGI programming javascript 1.0.2 javascript(3tcl)