Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all content that match exactly only specific word Post 302412256 by Scrutinizer on Monday 12th of April 2010 06:22:17 AM
Old 04-12-2010
Something like this?
Code:
awk '$9~"^ID=_52[^0-9]"' infile

---------- Post updated at 12:22 ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 ----------

Your first line does not contain ID=_52. Also ID=_5285.location4 and 5 do not match this pattern. So it is not clear what you are trying to achieve..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of log info based on specific word

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract a specific wording for example: "A tool used by tp produced warnings" from my below log data, but could not find a way to solve it. My intention is, if the log contain the word: "A tool used by tp produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match columns and write specific word

Hi all I have another question as of now. I have two files One file contain data like this Serendipity glamerus Shenpurity In another file these entries are present in different columns like this from 2 column onwards SRN Serendipity Non serendipity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match file1 and extract specific tag values

File2 is tab-delimeted and I am trying to use $2 in file1 (space delimeted) as a search term in file2. If it is found then the AF= in and the FDP= values from file2 are extracted and printed next to the file1 line. I commented the awk before I added the lines in bold the current output resulted. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)