Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem to recognize a storage A5100 Post 302411872 by RTM on Friday 9th of April 2010 03:56:12 PM
Old 04-09-2010
Check for the following:

Quote:
Determine if the StorEdge A5x00 array packages need to be installed on the nodes to which you are connecting the StorEdge A5x00 array. This product requires the following packages.

# pkginfo | egrep Wlux
system SUNWluxd Sun Enterprise Network Array sf Device Driver
system SUNWluxdx Sun Enterprise Network Array sf Device Driver (64-bit)
system SUNWluxl Sun Enterprise Network Array socal Device Driver
system SUNWluxlx Sun Enterprise Network Array socal Device Driver (64-bit)
system SUNWluxop Sun Enterprise Network Array firmware and utilities
You should be able to find info on this at the following links -
How to Add the First StorEdge A5x00 Array to a Running Cluster (yes, I realize you may not actually have a cluster - most of the info should still help)

Installing a StorEdge A5x00 Array

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Some problem about usb mass storage device

Dear linuxers, I have a usb mess storage device. My OS is rh as3 update2. Each time I use the command mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb I got the error "the device is not a valid block device". I found from google that I should install the module sd_mod I use the command insmod sd_mod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with storage of PID's to variables

I have the following problem to be solved: I read a .csv file (tempfile), fetch the values into variables F1 to F5. Variables F1, F2, F3 are parameters used for running a program (blablaprogram). Variable F4 I want to use to store the PID-value in and variable F5 is used for storing the return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zwiebertje11
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun storage L7 Problem

Dear Expert , We have L7 , when we power on we see on lcd messages "drive Post E" , According sun Doc SunSolve , there problem picker or Driver , I try move slot to slot successfully, On Lcd panel i can not see load drive (look like any inside tape in drive , but when i am select eject menu,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadibn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with storage

In the /var/adm/messages, i am getting the following error : Apr 16 23:49:37 inijsce1 EV_AGENT: Time Stamp 04/16/09 23:07:23 Event Number 2580 Severity Error Host inijscx33-adm Storage Array 6ASL102123 SP N/A SoftwareRev 6.19.1 (3.0) Unknown Error 2.19.0.300.5.027 Description Storage Array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
3 Replies

5. Solaris

problem with storage error

Hi gurus I don't understand the below messages as what is going on with my storage Plz kindly suggest what could be the problem Script started on Tue 12 May 2009 09:22:13 AM GMT OMP-root-/salil> uptime 9:22am up 19:44, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.08 OMP-root-/salil> uname -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

6. AIX

IVM Storage Virtual disk problem

Hi, When I try to create a virtual disk in IVM ( integrated Virtual Machine VIO ) I get this message Problems occurred while processing the data. A summary of all problems for this page are listed below. Additional details for each problem may be located next to the field causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Hardware

320GB HD change and recognize as 2TB Problem

Hi, I would like to ask if someone experince this problem on a Hard disc. I had a 320 GB WD Blue 3.5 Hard disc. When i plug on my PC BIOS detect it for a while and dis-appear. Luckily sometimes i can check it on a bootable CD or attach on other LINUX PC but for a while it will dis-appear. As if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS problem : ping doesn't recognize hostname

I have vmware on my windows PC ( hostname : acer ). vmware has RHEL 7 ( hostname : rhel7 ) installed recently. RHEL IP configuration IP : 192.168.5.128 Netmask : 255.255.255.0 ssh to rhel7 works from acer using putty resolve.conf cat /etc/resolv.conf nameserver 192.168.5.1 host... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)