Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a FLAT File - No Delimeters Post 302411727 by Jerald Nathan on Friday 9th of April 2010 09:43:19 AM
Old 04-09-2010
Thanks Ankel. However, I have given only the sample data. My first column has 16 digit card number and so on. Your sed command considers for a single character wise.

Please help how to proceed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paste command reading no delimeters for sun box

I use a paste command on my HP/UX which by specifying single quotation marks my output creates a fixed width file with no delimeters: paste -d '' a b > temp on the Sun box the same command recieves an error specifying no delimeters provided. Both are running ksh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file that contains 2 types of delimeters

I am trying to write a script and failing miserably. I have a file that looks something like this; 20050924-155819;Backoffice;1037;0;DDT-TCP/IP;;0;Node 20050924-155902;Unknown;1036;0;DDT-TCP/IP;;0;Node 20050924-155922;FrontOffice;1040;5;DDT- The desired result is one file containing only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgadoa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file that contains 2 types of delimeters

Now that I have a file that looks something like this; 20050926 Unknown 20050926 MUREXFO 20050926 MUREXFO 20050926 MUREXFO 20050926 Unknown 20050926 KADDUSS 20050926 KADDUSS 20050926 KADDUSS 20050926 MUREXFO Is there a way in vi that I can search the file and remove any line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgadoa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading fixed length flat file and calling java code using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and I have to to the following I have a flat file with storename(lenth 20) , emailaddress(lenth 40), location(15). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt StoreName emailaddress location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML data in a FLAT FILE

I have a requirement to read the xml file and split the files into two diffrent files in Unix shell script. Could anyone please help me out with this requirement. Sample file --------------- 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <Information... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a csv file and creating a flat file

hi i have written a script for reading a csv file and creating a flat file, suggest if this script can be optimized #---------------- FILENAME="$1" SCRIPT=$(basename $0) #-----------------------------------------// function usage { echo "\nUSAGE: $THIS_SCRIPT file_to_process\n"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines having unmatched delimeters in a file?

Hi, I have a delimited (|) file having millions of rows. Sometime the file comes with less number of delimiters than expected. In this scenario I want to delete the row having unmatched delimiters. Can anyone help me with the command to achieve this? Ex: File1.txt 8039339595113|JIMMY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file based on number of delimeters in line

Hi, Need to sort file based on the number of delimeters in the lines. cat testfile /home/oracle/testdb /home /home/oracle/testdb/newdb /home/oracle Here delimeter is "/" expected Output: /home/oracle/testdb/newdb /home/oracle/testdb /home/oracle /home (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
3 Replies

10. Programming

Reading flat file content

is there any unix tools that can read the text files like through SQL queries? (ie in Hadoop, Impala DB support flat file query) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omykarshan
1 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)